Dynamic Hard Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeay03

Alright here is the low down. I just upgraded my computer from xp to vista. I had two internal hard drives, One has my operating system and the other was just a storage device (pretty much). I got vista loaded with no problem, But when i went into Computer Management to find my other internal hard drive it was there but it was a dynamic hard drive instead of a basic (basic is what it was on my old OS) The computer does see it and it gives me the option to covert it into a basic, but in doing so I will lose all of my data, that is my backed up data from my old computer, how do i go about doing this without losing my data, I would be happy with even removal of the data and reformating it
Please help me, this is so fustrating, i'm about to yank my hair out!!!
Signed
In pain~

u cant without losing data unless you backup data and basically start over. you can only go basic to dynamic and keep everything. sorry

you have to back up the data prior to the change. if your using vista you can use the backup utility in system tools on the start menu (its kinda cheesy....may as well drag and drop to be certain). if you;ve wiped the drive already, you'll need 3rd part software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back