TechSpot

e machine dead as can be

By mustangmurphy
Jun 11, 2007
  1. I have an e machine its a few years old. It does not do anything. No light,
    no fan comes on. I already changed out the power supply and still nothing.
    I do not want to lose all my info on it. How can I check the hard
    drive? Can I swap it and test it in another computer?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I hate to be the bringer of bad tidings, but the chances are the mobo is dead. :( This is a very common problem with eMachines.

See this thread HERE. A search for eMachines on our forums, will bring up countless instances of exactly your problem.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Edit: Thread moved.

3. Myzz617

Myzz617 TS Maniac Posts: 369

If you have another computer sure u can swap out that computers HDD with the emachines HDD. Or if you have info u want to back up, just turn the computer off, open the case, and hopefully u have IDE cables, plug the emachines HDD into the CD-ROM IDE cable, make sure you also give it power to.

Then Its gonna read as a F drive or something other then the C, its easy the second drive will look like the C wen u open my computer but will just have a different name :D

I believe its you mobo, Dunno emachines that much but they are cheap :( like dells they kinda suck unless you get it for free.

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.