E-machine motherboard wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
My e-machine crashed (power supply and motherboard) I am trying to replace the power supply and motherboard from a differant emachine. My problem is when I unhooked the wires from the front panel, now i can't figure out where the 3 wires go on the motherboard.
i have a
black & white power s/w 2 pin
green & white power lead 2pin
red & white power hhd 2 pin

Motherboard came from a E machine D2246 intel cereron 2. marking on the motherboard D33007 VC37-L also bar code reads K373322829 VC37-L

Can anyone help me with the proper places to plug these in on the motherboard.

maybe send me a photo please, I am new at this.

thanks in advance
George

Use a magnifying glass and look along the bottom end of the motherboard near the front edge.

you should see the pins labelled similarly to the leads. (pwr, rst, spkr, hdled etc..)

Those E machines with ECS motherboards are C***P, I think they are disigned to work until one day after statutary one year warranty is up.

Those E machines with ECS motherboards are C***P, I think they are disigned to work until one day after statutary one year warranty is up.

Generally the ECS and FIC boards arn't nearly as bad as the Tri-gems although older (pre acer [who now owns them]) E-machines suffer from high overall failure rates due to a combination of problamatic motherboards (mainly the tri-gems) and sub-par powersupplies (Bestec). I've opened up some post Acer E-Machines and the parts are much better FSP and Delta powersupplies, motherboards from more repuitable manufactures.

As for the original question as pcaceit said the pin order should be silkscreened on to the board. as for where the wires are from power S/W (black and white) is the power switch, Power (green and white) is the power LED, and HDD (red and white) is the HDD activity LED. the motherboard should have similar lable names and +/- pins; the common color (in this case white) wire is -.

This computer has a Intel Celeron 1.7, can I change it out with a Intel Celeron 2.68/128/200 I have it left over from the parts computer and if it is compatible it would be a nice upgrade for me.

I will say with Caution that "There's no Harm in trying", some of those Boards support 2.6 Celerons and work fine whilst they do not have PSU or MB problems.

This is how I was able to get my problem solved. with help from a very nice guy

The pins on side 1 starting from the bottom of the header are numbered 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9.
The pins on side 2 starting from the bottom are numbered 2, 4, 6, 8 then missing pin.

Per your description the pins would connect like this;

black & white power s/w 2 pin Pins 6 & 8
green & white power lead 2pin Pins 2 & 4
red & white power hhd 2 pin Pins 1 & 3

The power LED and Hard Drive LED are polarity specific. If they don't work one way, turn them 180°

The power s/w is not polarity specific so you can plug it in in either orientation to pins 6 & 8.

after switching the black and white power on the 6&8 pins. (sideways) when I plugged it in, the fan started.

I was very lucky because I have been working on this problem for two days solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back