EA is bringing SimCity to Android and iOS devices "soon"

Shawn Knight

Staff member

simcity buildit ios

SimCity is coming to mobile devices. Electronic Arts recently announced SimCity BuildIt, a mobile version of the popular franchise destined for Android and iOS devices.

In a post about the game, EA said this is an all-new SimCity game like you’ve never seen before, designed for gamers on the go. Much like other versions, the choices you make evolve your city in a variety of ways. Meet your citizens’ needs to keep them happy or make questionable choices and feel their wrath – it’s up to you.

simcity buildit ios

As is common with mobile games, players will be able to pinch, zoom and rotate 360 degrees in the SimCity world. EA says there are countless buildings and vivid, 3D-quality graphics which make it the most advanced mobile building simulation game around.

Aside from this and a few screenshots, however, we don’t have much else to go on. EA didn’t provide a specific launch date other than to say it’s “coming soon.” We also don’t have any idea as to what price point EA plans to sell the title at or if it’ll feature a multiplayer mode.

simcity buildit ios

EA launched SimCity for the PC last year. Due to overwhelming demand (and the fact that it required an Internet connection to play), the game was met with all sorts of server-related issues. EA eventually ironed out the wrinkles and offered affected players a free game for their troubles. Hopefully mobile users won’t be met with similar issues this time around.

Permalink to story.

This totally explains why the pc version had a plot the size of of a cellphone screen.

They just used the pc version to test it and then port it to cellphone.

Great Sim City on PC is completely broken, now EA thought "Hmm lets let other devices see how completely broken the game is" What a great idea guys! :D Glad your doing nothing to fix it I am soo happy I bought Sim City now :DDDDDD

Looking at the pictures, it reminds me the kind of place I'm trying to escape every day of the week.

Industrial architecture sucks.

Fat Bastard: You know when you go into an apartment building and you smell the other people's cooking on each floor and you go "What are they cooking?" That, plus crap!

That makes no sense when phones have the same screen resolution as PC monitors.

dude.. It was clearly meat as sarcasm pointing to the insane small plot sizes of the PC game that made the game "sim 4 Cityblocks" or "sim very tiny town" instead of simcity.

Meaning the pathetic excuse of a PC game will probably work fine on a phone since the scale of it was so TINY

Back