TechSpot

EA is bringing SimCity to Android and iOS devices "soon"

By Shawn Knight
Sep 11, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. SimCity is coming to mobile devices. Electronic Arts recently announced SimCity BuildIt, a mobile version of the popular franchise destined for Android and iOS devices.

Read more

2. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 658   +174

This totally explains why the pc version had a plot the size of of a cellphone screen.

They just used the pc version to test it and then port it to cellphone.

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,389   +329

Great Sim City on PC is completely broken, now EA thought "Hmm lets let other devices see how completely broken the game is" What a great idea guys! :D Glad your doing nothing to fix it I am soo happy I bought Sim City now :DDDDDD

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,423

Looking at the pictures, it reminds me the kind of place I'm trying to escape every day of the week.

Industrial architecture sucks.

5. **** EA for ruining the franchise.

6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 991   +90

Wonder if you'll have to install Origin.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,549   +2,894

That makes no sense when phones have the same screen resolution as PC monitors.

8. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 658   +174

dude.. It was clearly meat as sarcasm pointing to the insane small plot sizes of the PC game that made the game "sim 4 Cityblocks" or "sim very tiny town" instead of simcity.

Meaning the pathetic excuse of a PC game will probably work fine on a phone since the scale of it was so TINY

9. Cryio

Cryio TS Booster Posts: 191   +58

So no WP version? :(