EA voted the worst company in America, awarded a Golden Poo

By Matthew
Apr 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Continuing the backlash over EA's recent blunders, users have voted the publisher as America's worst company of 2012. Conducted by Consumerist.com, the annual poll pits 32 companies against each other…

Read the whole story
  2. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Finally an award EA has worked hard to earn.
  3. Obviously none of these voters had ever worked for Indian hotel owners. There is absolutely no way EA could be as torturous even despite their horrible reputation.
  4. indiangamer

indiangamer Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

i know this as i live in india

and i am loving EA's Battlefield 3
  5. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

Maybe they'll shove this one centre stage in their trophy room as a reminder of how epically they've failed those buying their products.
  6. bielius

bielius TechSpot Booster Posts: 224   +14

That is what they deserve to be.

Even though I really enjoy both BC2 and BF3.
  7. &@£$! what about Bank of America, yep naah that aint bad ^@£$! it EA is way worst coz it effects everyone, even those who do not play games ... yeh snap

EA is $^£$! but cmon this is a stretch... EA top 5 or 10 but top 1... cmon wake the &@£$! up...
  8. example1013

example1013 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

EA has no reason to treat this with any kind of seriousness. I don't know why a news site would waste bandwidth posting this. Or to use the statistics term for polls like this, it's "total bullshit".
  9. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TechSpot Booster Posts: 252   +36

A news website such as Techspot has every reason to post this, considering that half of it's views are from gamers, and people interested in the technology behind having a gaming computer.
  10. example1013

So if I run a poll that asks which company is worse than Hitler and EA conveniently wins by a landslide, I should be on the front page too, then.
  11. EA doesn't care if people support them or not because to them we are all replaceable.
  12. EA deserves this award, that doesn't mean other companies don't as well.
  13. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 564   +30

:facepalm: EA took the bait too. Should have just ignored this one.

14. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 410   +42

OK, you seriously need a 'like' button (but it's probably patented by them FB mongrels :( ) coz I saw this article and immediately thought "at this moment, everything is right with the world" :)
  15. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 410   +42

on that note, where the hell is your twitter button?
  16. example1013

EA actually doesn't care about mouthy forum-users because they make up a such a minuscule portion of their customer base that they can be ignored. The average video game consumer will never even hear about this.
  17. TekGun

TekGun TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 155   +11

This made me laugh, good job EA you really deserve it.
  18. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

What everyone complaining about this poll fails to acknowledge is, it's an online poll. Everyone already knows most corporations are corner-cutting, underhanded scumbags, but only gaming companies are the ones that get by without any press.

Admit it, videogames makes more money than most industries and is an integral part of the economy, regardless of your opinions on whether or not they are art or for kids, or any other definition you have for them.

And again, it's an online poll, anyone who matters doesn't care and anyone who cares doesn't matter.
  19. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

Totally love Indians and all people but
    Wow I thought I was the only one who had a bad experience with a Indian hotel owner. Wouldn't pay me over time for 60 hours weeks, when I brought it up I was scheduled for 2 days a week. Super 8 eloy ftl.

I don't care for EA over pricing for the same game they pooped out 7 years ago, but I also don't buy them, so it doesn't effect me.
  20. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

I don't use or buy from [insert corporation here], so it doesn't affect me.

Obviously sane logic.
  21. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,000   +710

Could I take your last quote to include, "mouthy forum users" such as yourself, for "example"? :rolleyes:
  22. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 357   +30

EA's customer service is quite bad, I rarely get my issues resolved quickly and efficiently with them. So this does seem fitting for that aspect of the company. However one thing I think people forget is EA doesn't actually make a lot of the games they publish, so problems within the game aren't necessarily EA's fault. But since EA is the medium between the developer and the community, it is their responsibility to find the issues and report them appropriately, Clearly this doesn't happen all the time.

It's quite obvious they care more about money than supporting their products and keeping their gaming community happy. Sure, they've been making an effort with BF3, and we all appreciate that. Unfortunately you can't please everyone so you're going to always have a bunch of whiners out there.
  23. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,000   +710

You could apply this logic to virtually anything, in any industry. Were you to complain about an Apple product, it's very easy to say it's Foxconn's fault! Or for that matter, for EA to tell their customers that, "you're holding it wrong".

Well first, who else would you expect to complian about EA? The gaming community is their only customer. And BTW, just because a sheep doesn't bleat, that doesn't mean it's not getting butchered. It was EA that started the "digital only policy", that enraged many people, wasn't it?. Clearly people have moved on. There's no reason EA won't quickly put this behind them. Then too, there's the old adage, "any press is good press".
  24. "We’re going to continue making award-winning games " -- but they are not MAKING any games, they are just selling them.
  25. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

I remember a time when EA was great at customer experience. Stepping in my wayback machine.......I remember Bards Tale. I had to call EA about 20 different times. Finally the reps I was talking to just sent me a printed list of all the information I needed. Now they would have charged both arms.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.