EA's DICE to explore Oculus Rift support for future games

By Shawn Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Oculus Rift developer kits are already making their way into the wild as some 40 kits are expected to ship by the end of this month but it’s what one big publisher may be planning that’s capturing headlines today. According...

Read more
  2. jeffz6

jeffz6 Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

In a way, I feel disapointed AAA producers are getting involved with the project. Almost feel they will make a moccry of it. But it will see large scale support for it though, so thats a good thing.
  3. "mockery", not moccery... couldn't tell if it was a mockery of the word itself or a bad pun
  4. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

This with BF4 this time next year??? Maybe?
  5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Yes please do!
  6. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Best news I've heard since I saw the Oculus Rift on Kickstarter. I want nothing more than to play BF4 on Oculus Rift.
  7. schinbone

schinbone Newcomer, in training

Im really hoping that the Oculus makes a go of it because it sure looks cool. I pray that the thing is not 3d only though. If it makes like a conventional display I will have one, if 3d only prob not.
  8. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

First they've gotta make sure BF4 makes it onto Steam and not just Origin... then I'll get more excited.
  9. Mirror's Edge 2!!!
  10. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

Don't make me cry. I want that game so badly but I still won't get it if it's on Origin only. I probably want that game more than any other PC game planned.
  11. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I don't really care if EA gets on because of their games... I care because they are big... and if they do it so will the competition. Everybody do the Oculus Rift!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.