EasyCap Video DVR DC60 - can someone give me the driver?

bwarren97

I just bought a capture card at a garage sale today, and it didn't come with the required installation disk (even if it did, though, I wouldn't have been able to install it because my CD-ROM drive just sucks in all possible ways). So, I went searching online for the software/driver for it and, so far, found nothing. Can anyone help me find the driver?

Here is some additional information:

EasyCap Video DVR
USB 2.0 Video Adapter with Audio
Model: DC60

I also went into Device Manager on my computer and found the Device Instance/ID:

Video Capture Controller:
USB\VID_05E1&PID_0408&MI_00\6&D8F291B&0&0000

Let me know if anyone needs any more information about this, because I really don't know what info I need.

You might have a look at this page, but seems a bit confusing, there is a download link on left of screen.
http://www.usbeasycap.info/support.html

Yes, I looked at that site before. I could not find the download.

Anyway, I did some more searching, and finally got the driver. Now, I am searching for the software that goes with it, so I can record with it.

The following is for people searching for this driver in the future:

Here is the link to the driver I found: http://www.acomputerportal.com/easycap/original.exe
After you run this file, and run the Setup.exe that was extracted from it, you will need to plug the capture card in, and, if the Found New Hardware Wizard appears, just let the system find the driver automatically.

Yes, I looked at that site before. I could not find the download.

Anyway, I did some more searching, and finally got the driver. Now, I am searching for the software that goes with it, so I can record with it.

The following is for people searching for this driver in the future:

Here is the link to the driver I found: http://www.acomputerportal.com/easycap/original.exe
After you run this file, and run the Setup.exe that was extracted from it, you will need to plug the capture card in, and, if the Found New Hardware Wizard appears, just let the system find the driver automatically.

If you have vlc player (Free) http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html you can use that. Just a matter of configuring the device in settings (media: Open capture device) Hope this is of help

OK, I will try that.
Anyway, I found that I could record with Windows Movie Maker. My first test video with a PS2 game, however, came out with a very low framerate. (no surprise, since I have a single-core processor) I will tinker with the capture settings and see if I can raise the FPS to a viewable rate. If it comes down to it, I may have to use the family computer to record videos, which won't be much better because there is some significant latency between the actual video, and the computer screen (I prefer using a TV screen, but there isn't one close enough to the computer, and I cannot move the computer or the TV in the adjacent room)

Ok, new problem: The installer apparently doesn't correctly install the driver on Windows 7. I tried it on two different computers (a NetBook, and my new laptop), and the installation went smothly on both, but after rebooting, the system would not find the driver for my capture card. I even tried not rebooting, and it still didn't work. What is the deal?

The original installer you got is version 1.0.2.3, dated 9/27/2006. There is a newer version for the Easycap that has version 6.10.70.001 dated 06/28/2007 and that is supposedly working on Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
It's the Syntek STK 1160 model. I tried uploading the file here but that did not work for some reason (maybe because of my forum status).

The original installer you got is version 1.0.2.3, dated 9/27/2006. There is a newer version for the Easycap that has version 6.10.70.001 dated 06/28/2007 and that is supposedly working on Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
It's the Syntek STK 1160 model. I tried uploading the file here but that did not work for some reason (maybe because of my forum status).

So...can I have the link to the file, please?

So...can I have the link to the file, please?
Never mind, I found a download, and guess what? It installed...but It didn't work right...well...it freezes my computer whenever I try to access the picture, with whatever program.

I had to go to Device Manager to install the stupid thing. I just had to right-click on the unknown device, and click "Update Driver Software", and I was able to manually browse for the driver.
I had an idea, though. If I used that method of installation for the other version, wouldn't it be able to install the driver? So I tried it...and it didn't install it; didn't even find it as a Windows 7 compatible driver.

Any other ideas?

Hi All,

on this topic of the usb dvr I bought one and I use windows 7 and after I installed everthing when I opened the program is said "No video capture device found" I was told this is bcoz I use windows 7 and need newer drivers? with the link you posted willthis fix my problem?

if you could also please e-mail the answer [email removed]

Hi All,

on this topic of the usb dvr I bought one and I use windows 7 and after I installed everthing when I opened the program is said "No video capture device found" I was told this is bcoz I use windows 7 and need newer drivers? with the link you posted willthis fix my problem?

if you could also please e-mail the answer [email removed]

Hi, I know, there is a problem with drivers to windows 7 and 8, but this video I share here show how to install the drivers on windows 8.

If you have windows 7 just install the drivers in the description

Back