EasyShare by Kodak problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big mistake was to run the Easyshare cd that came with our camera. It is atrocious, and bordrs upon useless. I know how to remove it, however, I want to save my photos. How do get my photos out of Easyshare and put them, or copies of them, into MS XP MY PICTURES? I have even tried emailing them to myself but they are immune from being Saved To.....

Post moved to it`s own thread in the correct forum.

Depending on what edition of Easyshare you have, but all it is supposed to do is give you a simple means of getting the files from the camera into a folder on your hard drive and then providing an album service. You don't need any of it.
You can copy the images from your camera once connected by using Windows Explorer - the camera will show up as an external drive. Open this folder (usually something like DCIM) and copy the files from there to you my pictures folder. Delete the ones in the camera if you are content - leave the folder structure intact.

Usually the transferred pictures from camera to PC go into a folder simply named Kodak. You can verify this by opening Documents & Settings> My Pictures.

Uninstalling the Easy Share software shouldn't affect this folder. I have done this with no problem. However, as always when you don't want to chance loosing something you can't replace, copy the folder, maybe rename as Kodakcopy.

Then if there is no problem, you can delete the copy after the uninstall.

the files are normally uploaded to
\Docs & Settings\YourLoginID\My Documents\My Pictures\Kodak\yyyy-mm-dd\

you should be able to COPY/MOVE them anywhere you please.

The Easyshare software is terrible, plus its a resource hog. I just let Windows handle this for me. And i like the way Vista does it. I would move you photos out of ES and uninstall the software.

halo71, I agree with you about the EasyShare software. I keep my camera on the dock to stay charged, but do a direct transfer from camera to PC using a USB connection. Kodak also piggybacks the BackWeb updater.

Snuffles2 said:
How do get my photos out of Easyshare and put them, or copies of them, into MS XP MY PICTURES? I have even tried emailing them to myself but they are immune from being Saved To.....

sounds like it was installed for a specific user OR via the admin and you are
running under neither account.

You can always go to an ADMIN account and then copy/move anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back