TechSpot

eBay Auction Return Policy

By cfitzarl
Feb 18, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I found this on eBay

The auction is here. I thought this was funny considering the condition of the laptop.
  2. ambivolent

ambivolent TS Rookie Posts: 80

lol im sure someones gonna buy it lol
  3. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

LOL!!! That is hilarious. Is that even the same screen???

I'm crying from laughter! Lol!
  4. ambivolent

ambivolent TS Rookie Posts: 80

look someone has bid on it!
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

No such thing as no refunds on ebay. Use a credit card. If they gip you, do a charge back.

Also - people sell salvage equipment all the time on ebay. I've bought and sold salvage myself.
    ads like this stop time-waster buyers.
  6. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Lol yeah I seen stuff where people are selling the picture of the product instead of the product itself ;)
  7. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

the seller is very clear regarding all the defects it has, and they have 100% positive feedback so i don't think they're trying to scam anybody.

most sellers on eBay (myself included) do not offer refunds, as far as I'm concerned that's the tradeoff for buying the item at a discounted price. if I don't want an item that i bought then I'll simply sell it myself (and get all my money back ;))

the sellers that do offer refunds will almost always refund the purchase price only, not including shipping (and you'll have to pay to ship it back too). since many sellers overcharge for shipping (which reduces their eBay seller fees) they will still make money even if the item gets returned. this is another reason why I would sell an item myself vs. returning it

:wave:
  8. takaboku

takaboku TS Rookie Posts: 138

People get addicted to the bidding process and will buy anything. I read an article where a guy went around a bulk pickup days to get items to sell just on EBay. He can right out and said that they were literally buying junk.(i'm thinking about buying a digital camera.....:evil: )
  9. Tedster

the latest ! You can buy dog poop sealed in glass on ebay!
    guaranteed fresh!
  10. KingCody

11. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Aghh, that's nasty :haha: "Blame it on the dog" :haha:

12. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

That`s absolutely hilarious. I`ve only just about stopped laughing. :haha:

Regards Howard :)
  13. KingCody

lol... :giddy:

I especially like the auction page header:
    I thought Dodo's were extinct?

14. NetCablesPlus

NetCablesPlus TS Maniac Posts: 480

You might be amazed at what some eBay buyers will do. For example, I sell a a 15-foot USB printer cable for $2.95 on eBay with $2.99 USPS First Class shipping. I have had an amazing number of people who bought the wrong cable and want to return it for the $2.95 price. Of course, I am willing to do this, but they will have to pay at least $2.25 to ship it back, meaning that they will have spent $5.24 and have no cable to show for it. Otherwise, the cable would have cost them $5.94 in total to keep it. This is just one of many amazing eBay stories that I have...hmmm, perhaps I should write an eBook of eBay blunders... :)
  15. Tedster

It also amazes me that they want a refund on shipping too.
    When I sell I always make it clear that shipping costs going or returning are non-refundable.

We had some pranksters drop fake swirl doggie-doo in the chow hall the other day.....
  16. jannus

jannus TS Rookie

17. KingCody

as long as you only charge a reasonable shipping/handling charge (which should at most be a few dollars above the actual shipping cost) then they should not expect you to refund them for shipping as well.

[this is not directed at you tedster] however, if a seller overcharges for shipping (for example: shady sellers who charge $1 for an item, and $50 to ship it) then I believe that the buyer is entitled to more than just the purchase price alone.

that being said, even if the final price is good, I refuse to buy from shady sellers who overcharge for shipping.

that is pretty ridiculous

18. NetCablesPlus

It is ridiculous and, unfortunately, a testament to the illiteracy and general stupidity of a certain percentage of eBay buyers. Some times, I wonder how they are able to feed themselves. Don't get me wrong: 95% of eBay buyers are a pleasure to deal with. It is the 5% that makes me regularly consider dropping eBay from among my sales/marketing channels which include Amazon, telemarketing to businesses, third party distribution, AdWords, Microsoft ads, direct mail, etc. Amazon buyers, for example, seem to be a 'higher quality' buyer with virtually no complaints or issues.
  19. Tedster

oh... I've even had ebay sellers proseltyze me with religious stuff in their package (totally unprofessional and uncalled for) and also send me spam after I bought from them.

I made sure I would never buy from them again.
  20. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

I hate people like that, I only send emails to the people who buy from me asking if they got their packages, if it's in good condition and if it works ( because we all know eBay shipping is very bad ) Not to spam them with retarded stuff like that
  21. NetCablesPlus

If a buyer leaves me positive feedback and has bought multiple cables from me (I don't bother with the one item buyers), I send one follow up email thanking them for their purchase/feedback and offer them a 10% discount on their next purchase. Would you find that offensive?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.