eBay Auction Return Policy

T

tifc8lraz

I found this on eBay

ebay seller said:
This iBook will chime when you push the power button but you only get funky lines on the screen. I assume it has a bad logic board.
This iBook is 600 MHz. It has 128 Meg of RAM built in. I believe the screen works. I tested the combo drive and it played a DVD just fine.

It comes with a battery which holds a minimal charge. The keyboard has all of it's keys. The power supply I am including is missing the end and therefore hasn't been tested.

This iBook is sold as is, however if you buy this iBook and find that you can't use it, I do accept returns although I charge a 15 percent restocking fee. (Terms for returns are at the bottom.)

I should mention that the RAM cover and some screws are missing from this iBook. The case of the iBook is somewhat damaged. It has some cracks and discoloration. Please look at the picture before bidding.

The serial number under the keyboard is UV2025BCMDW.

I only ship to the USA and Canada. Shipping to the US is a flat rate of 25 dollars. 35 dollars to Canada.

The auction is here. I thought this was funny considering the condition of the laptop.

No such thing as no refunds on ebay. Use a credit card. If they gip you, do a charge back.

Also - people sell salvage equipment all the time on ebay. I've bought and sold salvage myself.
ads like this stop time-waster buyers.

Lol yeah I seen stuff where people are selling the picture of the product instead of the product itself ;)

the seller is very clear regarding all the defects it has, and they have 100% positive feedback so i don't think they're trying to scam anybody.

most sellers on eBay (myself included) do not offer refunds, as far as I'm concerned that's the tradeoff for buying the item at a discounted price. if I don't want an item that i bought then I'll simply sell it myself (and get all my money back ;))

the sellers that do offer refunds will almost always refund the purchase price only, not including shipping (and you'll have to pay to ship it back too). since many sellers overcharge for shipping (which reduces their eBay seller fees) they will still make money even if the item gets returned. this is another reason why I would sell an item myself vs. returning it

:wave:

People get addicted to the bidding process and will buy anything. I read an article where a guy went around a bulk pickup days to get items to sell just on EBay. He can right out and said that they were literally buying junk.(i'm thinking about buying a digital camera.....:evil: )

how about 10 cans of instapoop? ;)

JK-CANTU%20(1).jpg

:haha:

KingCody said:
the sellers that do offer refunds will almost always refund the purchase price only, not including shipping (and you'll have to pay to ship it back too). since many sellers overcharge for shipping (which reduces their eBay seller fees) they will still make money even if the item gets returned. this is another reason why I would sell an item myself vs. returning it

You might be amazed at what some eBay buyers will do. For example, I sell a a 15-foot USB printer cable for $2.95 on eBay with $2.99 USPS First Class shipping. I have had an amazing number of people who bought the wrong cable and want to return it for the $2.95 price. Of course, I am willing to do this, but they will have to pay at least $2.25 to ship it back, meaning that they will have spent $5.24 and have no cable to show for it. Otherwise, the cable would have cost them $5.94 in total to keep it. This is just one of many amazing eBay stories that I have...hmmm, perhaps I should write an eBook of eBay blunders... :)

It also amazes me that they want a refund on shipping too.
When I sell I always make it clear that shipping costs going or returning are non-refundable.

We had some pranksters drop fake swirl doggie-doo in the chow hall the other day.....

Tedster said:
It also amazes me that they want a refund on shipping too.
When I sell I always make it clear that shipping costs going or returning are non-refundable
as long as you only charge a reasonable shipping/handling charge (which should at most be a few dollars above the actual shipping cost) then they should not expect you to refund them for shipping as well.

[this is not directed at you tedster] however, if a seller overcharges for shipping (for example: shady sellers who charge $1 for an item, and $50 to ship it) then I believe that the buyer is entitled to more than just the purchase price alone.

that being said, even if the final price is good, I refuse to buy from shady sellers who overcharge for shipping.

NetCablesPlus said:
I sell a a 15-foot USB printer cable for $2.95 on eBay with $2.99 USPS First Class shipping. I have had an amazing number of people who bought the wrong cable and want to return it for the $2.95 price. Of course, I am willing to do this, but they will have to pay at least $2.25 to ship it back, meaning that they will have spent $5.24 and have no cable to show for it. Otherwise, the cable would have cost them $5.94 in total to keep it
that is pretty ridiculous

It is ridiculous and, unfortunately, a testament to the illiteracy and general stupidity of a certain percentage of eBay buyers. Some times, I wonder how they are able to feed themselves. Don't get me wrong: 95% of eBay buyers are a pleasure to deal with. It is the 5% that makes me regularly consider dropping eBay from among my sales/marketing channels which include Amazon, telemarketing to businesses, third party distribution, AdWords, Microsoft ads, direct mail, etc. Amazon buyers, for example, seem to be a 'higher quality' buyer with virtually no complaints or issues.

oh... I've even had ebay sellers proseltyze me with religious stuff in their package (totally unprofessional and uncalled for) and also send me spam after I bought from them.

I made sure I would never buy from them again.

Tedster said:
oh... I've even had ebay sellers proseltyze me with religious stuff in their package (totally unprofessional and uncalled for) and also send me spam after I bought from them.

I made sure I would never buy from them again.

I hate people like that, I only send emails to the people who buy from me asking if they got their packages, if it's in good condition and if it works ( because we all know eBay shipping is very bad ) Not to spam them with retarded stuff like that

If a buyer leaves me positive feedback and has bought multiple cables from me (I don't bother with the one item buyers), I send one follow up email thanking them for their purchase/feedback and offer them a 10% discount on their next purchase. Would you find that offensive?

Back