ECS 915P-A... No video signal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneGman

I bought this motherboard for a very good price, after reading numerous GOOD reviews for it from quite a few hardware sites. Along the lines of "ECS is in the midst of a renaissance", etc, etc... Well, I took a chance, brought it home, installed it, turned it on, and... Nothing. I can hear it booting up, it beeps at POST like all my other systems do, the hard drive churns away, but no @#$@ video signal from my shiny Radeon PCI-E video card. The fan is spinning on the video card, so what the crap...? I tried an AGP card as well, since this board has both, and no dice. Nothing, nada, zip. The monitor light turns green like it wants to switch on, then goes right to amber again. Any ideas?

Do the video cards you are trying in there require a separate connection to the power supply (like most high end cards do) and if so, have you plugged them in?

Also, what is the make/model of the power supply you have in there?

Nope, no PCI-E or molex connections needed... It runs just fine with the motherboard I have in here right now; I just wanted the DDR2 support and onboard sound. (I have no sound, whatsoever...) The PSU is an Antec 350W, until I upgrade to the Aspire I had before I sold my last PC. (Or something equally "sturdy"...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back