ECS K7S5A PRO and Radeon 9500 / 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to building my own PC and would like some help. I'm planning on using the ECS K7S5A PRO w/ an Athlon XP 2200+ and adding either a Radeon 9500 or 9800 to it. The local store are selling these ECS 2200 combo for cheap and I read the SIS 735 chipset on it is kinda old. So wondering if it's worth it to use this board with either of these vid cards - will the board be stable for them, and will I get the default clock speed (or even higher if some oc is done to the cards)? Thanks in advance!

wooz2002

Hi, wooz2002,
I think that the ECS is still a good MOBO but It's a little old. Yes, you will get normal clock settings and the VC will work fine, but the processor will not be able to send the data to the VC very fast, due to the SIS chipset.
If you think to use it for Overclocking purpose, choose another MoBo, but if you only want to use it for gaming experience, enjoy and don't worry. Please note that I am not using the original bios, but I think it would be stable also with the original one, and also with a slight OC.
Questions? tell me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back