Eeprom and shorting method for Dell D610

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one have a clear photo of the Eeprom on the D610 system board? Ive complete stripped down the unit and want to make sure I've located the correct chip. Also what exactly is the shorting method? I've soldered 2 small safety pins to a 8 inches long wire to as a tool for shorting. What is my next step? I've tried searching Paradon website and those past posts on here. Most of the infos are too broad. Please help me get this laptop up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same exact problem, cool. I am trying to remove the password. I took the computer apart. I see the 4 boxes. I have no idea what pins I must short out. Someone please post good clear pictures. Thanks

-Mike

Actually,I've found the Eerom chip and was successfully reseted all the infos on it. Pretty easy procedure but I would not recommend doing it by yourself. I had my mom to help me pressing down the power button while I'm jumping those 2 pins.

coolname1 said:
Actually,I've found the Eerom chip and was successfully reseted all the infos on it. Pretty easy procedure but I would not recommend doing it by yourself. I had my mom to help me pressing down the power button while I'm jumping those 2 pins.

Can you help me coolname1? My AIM is Fantastic69420 and yahoo is Fantastic_1320@yahoo.com. or email me anything @ fantastic_1320@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot. I been trying forever and never tried anything like this. I would want to try it and see if it works. I got a D610.

-Mike

Unfortunately, I did not take any pic during the process. However, I do have a pic that was obtained off thenet. It just just very clear though. I could walk you through the process on Aim if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back