TechSpot

Eeprom and shorting method for Dell D610

By coolname1
Jul 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does any one have a clear photo of the Eeprom on the D610 system board? Ive complete stripped down the unit and want to make sure I've located the correct chip. Also what exactly is the shorting method? I've soldered 2 small safety pins to a 8 inches long wire to as a tool for shorting. What is my next step? I've tried searching Paradon website and those past posts on here. Most of the infos are too broad. Please help me get this laptop up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,659   +82

Why are you doing this? Are you trying to erase a password protection?
  3. coolname1

coolname1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes,I get the gray doomed screen just like everyone else.
  4. Fantastic420

Fantastic420 TS Rookie

I have the same exact problem, cool. I am trying to remove the password. I took the computer apart. I see the 4 boxes. I have no idea what pins I must short out. Someone please post good clear pictures. Thanks

-Mike
  5. coolname1

Actually,I've found the Eerom chip and was successfully reseted all the infos on it. Pretty easy procedure but I would not recommend doing it by yourself. I had my mom to help me pressing down the power button while I'm jumping those 2 pins.
  6. Fantastic420

Fantastic420 TS Rookie

Can you help me coolname1? My AIM is Fantastic69420 and yahoo is Fantastic_1320@yahoo.com. or email me anything @ fantastic_1320@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot. I been trying forever and never tried anything like this. I would want to try it and see if it works. I got a D610.

-Mike
  7. Fantastic420

Fantastic420 TS Rookie

Maybe some pictures too? I need anything man. PLease understand me. thanks again

-Mike
  8. jaybroski

jaybroski TS Rookie

Ditto. I need to get this thing up and running!
  9. jaybroski

jaybroski TS Rookie

We need pictures please. Anyone?
  10. coolname1

Unfortunately, I did not take any pic during the process. However, I do have a pic that was obtained off thenet. It just just very clear though. I could walk you through the process on Aim if you like.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.