TechSpot

Eero combines a router, range extender and repeater into a single device

By Shawn Knight
Feb 3, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Speed and range are often an issue when it comes to home Wi-Fi solutions, especially if you live in a large, multi-story home. Given the sheer number of devices that are connecting to wireless routers these days, it shouldn't come...

Read more

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,676   +780

You know ... if one of these days somebody comes out and shows that all these wireless applications and devices are shaving 10-20 years off our life I don't think anyone will give a damn ... just as long as that new toy adds another 5 Mps to their bandwidth speed ..... I'm starting to look into different caskets, I wonder if this thing has any serious range limits?

3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,512   +503

Was that mentioned to inspire confidence?? Because I'm pretty sure reading former Apple is bad enough, but you managed to worsen it by resurrecting Palm!

4. Captain828

Captain828 TS Guru Posts: 287   +10

One can always change their router to function as an AP so I really don't see what's so special about this and why it is touted as a "router, range extender and repeater into a single device".

They also don't even mention the actual max bandwidth of the thing.

All it seems for me is a router geared more toward less tech-savvy people, even though setting up a router nowadays is fairly simple and the UI has improved heavily.

5. BloodyMatters

BloodyMatters TS Rookie