TechSpot

Election Day 2012: live results and useful online tools

By Rick
Nov 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Technologically speaking, this election year is poised to be the most sophisticated one ever. Candidates (and voters alike) have seemingly fully embraced social media, social networking and the virality of the Interwebs. The Internet is proving to be an increasingly...

Read more

2. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

3. I voted for Gary Johnson on the touch screen. When I went to review, it said Obama. Fortunately they were able to fix the problem. But seriously, come on, what a joke. Switching votes.

It couldn't have been a screen calibration problem because Everything else worked properly. Also, it couldn't have been me accidentally hitting the wrong choice, because Romney was in between those two choices.

Again its all a joke. Things will not get better. No matter what.

4. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Rookie Posts: 69   +6

I didn't vote for neither one.
    (we pc folk are not impressed easily)

5. So, Geforcepat, who did you vote for? If you *didn't* for for *neither*, then you voted for one.

6. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Rookie Posts: 69   +6

@Guest ok Let me be be clear. I voted for Nobody.
    they ain't getting my vote:(

7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

there was a video or two earlier where mitt romney was being chosen when picking obama xD

8. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,332   +491

According to this, I side "91% with Mitt Romney." Neat program, but it would be more credible if it also provided you with sources (candidate records, bills they've signed, etc.) to validate the result.

In fact, if they take it to that level, it could be quite a useful service: Users fill out the answers, they get the result, and then they get a page directing them to all of the information that validates that result (bills, proposals, other records, etc. of that politician). It would certainly make researching these clowns a lot less time consuming.

9. davislane1

Romney win: The claims of voting fraud from Dems will be ceaseless, these videos/accounts will be referenced. Lawsuits. Outrage.
    Obama win: The claims of voting fraud from Repubs will be ceaseless, these videos/accounts will be referenced. Lawsuits. Outrage.
    Johnson win: Global disbelief.

NTAPRO likes this.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,000   +1,502

Neither party is worth voting for and I don't trust the polls, so why should I waste my time voting?

11. NTAPRO

Waste time voting for that other guy

12. davislane1

I've always held the position that the Democrat and Republican parties are the worst things that ever happened to this republic. Frankly, they were garbage just prior to the Civil War and they've remained that way ever since. However, the choice not to vote does nothing other than ensure that the status quo remains the same: Die-hard Democrats will vote the party every election, die-hard Republicans will vote the party every election, independents will vote for the lesser of two perceived evils, non-voters will accomplish nothing, and nothing will ever change. Why vote, you ask? Because the current symposium of hacks, crooks & goons that populate Congress and the White House derive their job security from half of the eligible American public having better things to do on election days.

13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,000   +1,502

Ummm, no thank you. Not voting will accomplish the same outcome. If I am to vote, give me something worth voting for. As it is I don't care who wins. And If I don't care who wins then who should I vote for?

14. Electronic voting not my cup of tea!
    If it's still a fallible system, why do they 'enhance' it with touch screens?

15. NTAPRO

Probably thought that it would make it more simple/ I remember seeing something about it on the simpsons a while back xD

16. spencer

spencer TS Enthusiast Posts: 204   +22

Parties are just another reason to split this corrupt nation.

basically rich people vote red

middle class normally votes blue

and lower class votes for anything and everything

but it's rare people actually study what they are voting for

If people vote they need to make a well informed pick. instead of being like little isheep

17. Doctor John

Doctor John TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Also electronic touchscreens don't use chads;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.