Elon Musk tweets offer of "single combat" with Vladimir Putin for Ukraine

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Elon Musk is not known for his reserved, nuanced tweets. Keeping with that theme, the world’s richest person has just challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat, with the “stakes” being Ukraine. The CEO wrote Putin’s name in Russian and the word Ukraine in Ukrainian in his tweet.

“I hereby challenge Vladimir Putin to single combat,' Musk tweeted Monday. “Stakes are Ukraine,” he added.

Musk followed up his offer of combat with another tweet written entirely in Russian. “Do you agree to this fight?” he asked, tagging the Kremlin.

While 6' 1" Musk is six inches taller, 19 years younger, and reportedly over 25 pounds heavier than the diminutive Russian leader, Putin is a judo black belt who has co-written a book on the martial art called Judo: History, Theory, Practice. He was also made honorary president of the International Judo Federation in 2008 but has since been suspended from the role over the war with Ukraine.

Musk did say on the Joe Rogan show that he trained in Kyokushin karate, taekwondo, and judo when he was a kid, though it’s hard to imagine that being enough to best the former KGB officer.

Musk tweeted another message a few hours ago, replying to the director-general of Russia’s space agency, Dmitry Rogozin, who responded to Musk's offer to fight Putin with, “You, little devil, are still young.”

Reactions to the tweets have been mixed. Some praised Musk for the work he has done for Ukraine, while others have criticized the self-proclaimed edgelord for seemingly making light of a conflict that has claimed thousands of lives.

Musk has tweeted out several posts related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He previously shared a video of him speaking directly with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, tweeted “Hold strong Ukraine,” and wrote, “[…] my sympathies to the great people of Russia, who do not want this.” He has also sent Ukraine shipments of Starlink terminals so citizens can access the internet in cities under siege. “Thank you [Musk] for supporting Ukraine and peace in the entire world!” tweeted deputy Prime Minister Mykhailo Fedorov.

Musk also said SpaceX could stop the ISS crashing into Earth after Russia's space chief warned the 500-ton structure could hit the US, Europe, India, or China.

Permalink to story.

Honestly either Putin humbles and possibly even kills the worst tech bro of all time or the war ends quickly, there's no bad outcomes out of this one!

Also a serious example of why being a billionaire rots your brain: you really think all that money is going to help you take out a freaking former KGB agent?

The Virtue Signaling of these libs is remarkable.

You, Elon Musk, an overweight beneficiary of US Government welfare, who can't even make a good interior for a car, want to go up against a former professional Russian Soldier/ trained KGB/ GRU expert assassin?

It would almost be worth it to watch you trying to figure out how to get the Polonium pellet out of your bone marrow.

Honestly either Putin humbles and possibly even kills the worst tech bro of all time or the war ends quickly, there's no bad outcomes out of this one!

Also a serious example of why being a billionaire rots your brain: you really think all that money is going to help you take out a freaking former KGB agent?

These people really are ridiculous. And extremely delusional.

This War ends when Russia takes over the Ukraine. Now that they've been sanctioned, it is actually of importance to completely occupy Ukraine simply so they can negotiate against the sanctions and control when, how and if Ukraine is rebuilt.

But going one on one vs. Putin???

That's basically suicide.

These people really are ridiculous. And extremely delusional.

This War ends when Russia takes over the Ukraine. Now that they've been sanctioned, it is actually of importance to completely occupy Ukraine simply so they can negotiate against the sanctions and control when, how and if Ukraine is rebuilt.

But going one on one vs. Putin???

That's basically suicide.

If the West can keep Ukraine supplied I don't think they will be able to take it over, they've already lost a huge amount of equipment and made small gains, it's just a repeat of the Winter War imo.

Obviously he's not being serious about fighting Putin. But I will say his tweet about netflix was funny as hell:

"Netflix, while waiting for the war to end so that it can make a film on a Black Ukrainian man who falls in love with a transgender Russian soldier."

^ That is some funny stuff right there. He just nailed hollywood / netflix perfectly.

If the West can keep Ukraine supplied I don't think they will be able to take it over, they've already lost a huge amount of equipment and made small gains, it's just a repeat of the Winter War imo.

The US instigated this crisis by attempting to finance and arm Ukrainians into hostilities against Russians in Luhansk and Donetsk. Now, it's completely swung in the opposite direction and Russia is literally taking over Ukraine entirely. The western propaganda continues to lie about Russian casualties and progress, but the reality is, Russia is winning and they are now ready to take Kyiv.

Naturally, you won't hear the truth till after they do because only then will the media be forced to tell the truth.

In the aftermath, Ukraine is being flattened.

I'd say Russia is determined to take Ukraine so they can later bargain for sanctions reduction and control how, when and if Ukraine is rebuilt.

The US instigated this crisis by attempting to finance and arm Ukrainians into hostilities against Russians in Luhansk and Donetsk. Now, it's completely swung in the opposite direction and Russia is literally taking over Ukraine entirely. The western propaganda continues to lie about Russian casualties and progress, but the reality is, Russia is winning and they are now ready to take Kyiv.

Naturally, you won't hear the truth till after they do because only then will the media be forced to tell the truth.

In the aftermath, Ukraine is being flattened.

I'd say Russia is determined to take Ukraine so they can later bargain for sanctions reduction and control how, when and if Ukraine is rebuilt.
I agree the West has instigated this, you only need to look at a map of Axis eastward expansion pre-Barborossa and NATO eastward expansion since WW2 to see why Russia is paranoid.

I don't trust the Western MSM either, but Russia isn't really fighting Ukraine, they are fighting a NATO armed/trained army, high Russian casualties shouldn't come as a surprise. If Ukraine was left to survive on its own, Russia would have already taken Kiev long ago imo.

I agree the West has instigated this, you only need to look at a map of Axis eastward expansion pre-Barborossa and NATO eastward expansion since WW2 to see why Russia is paranoid.

I don't trust the Western MSM either, but Russia isn't really fighting Ukraine, they are fighting a NATO armed/trained army, high Russian casualties shouldn't come as a surprise. If Ukraine was left to survive on its own, Russia would have already taken Kiev long ago imo.
Sry to interrupt, comrades, your "rightous" war of killing civilians is going really bad. If the Chinese don't make a move soon, mother Russia is toast.

Yeah the guy that has propelled the tech industry and space industry forward.

I mean he acts like a teenager online but that's a stretch...
That guy has not done a single thing.

He comes from a rich South African white family (As in, directly benefited from Apartheid South Africa) got lucky with some early investments and has done nothing but attach his name and money to existing projects.

Even more than the usual, he's done nothing to actually build all the tech his companies are capable of. That's the work of engineers and workers, often poorly compensated and mistreated just so that Musk can become the richest person in history with their creativity, intelligence and dedication.

If anything, Musk has been routinely shown to get in the way of more significant advances with stupid ideas like the hyperloop.

The Virtue Signaling of these libs is remarkable.

You, Elon Musk, an overweight beneficiary of US Government welfare, who can't even make a good interior for a car, want to go up against a former professional Russian Soldier/ trained KGB/ GRU expert assassin?

It would almost be worth it to watch you trying to figure out how to get the Polonium pellet out of your bone marrow.
I agree Musk is just hilarious, but there's this mystical aura about Putin, people in the west are so attracted to, this KGB "assassin" strongman super agent, which is also ridiculous. His former chief in the KGB has said he was just average on everything, certainly not among the brightest. However, Putin is a great politician and he has cultivated this image of Superman, which makes a lot of people like you to have wet dreams.

That guy has not done a single thing.

He comes from a rich South African white family (As in, directly benefited from Apartheid South Africa) got lucky with some early investments and has done nothing but attach his name and money to existing projects.

Even more than the usual, he's done nothing to actually build all the tech his companies are capable of. That's the work of engineers and workers, often poorly compensated and mistreated just so that Musk can become the richest person in history with their creativity, intelligence and dedication.

If anything, Musk has been routinely shown to get in the way of more significant advances with stupid ideas like the hyperloop.

I mean at this point this is just plain denial. Sure Musk himself is not some revolutionary engineer but putting money where is needed is just as important.

It's funny how left leaning people love to hate the guy. Say what you like but being salty over his views doesn't change that he's massively successful and extremely intelligent. You don't get where he is by being stupid. Stay salty....cry more.

And by the way his IQ is around 150+ so claiming he's an ***** is really pretty funny.

I agree Musk is just hilarious, but there's this mystical aura about Putin, people in the west are so attracted to, this KGB "assassin" strongman super agent, which is also ridiculous. His former chief in the KGB has said he was just average on everything, certainly not among the brightest. However, Putin is a great politician and he has cultivated this image of Superman, which makes a lot of people like you to have wet dreams.
Both of them are exaggerated by people that worship them. Elon is a super-genius that's going to solve world hunger and cure cancer and send us to space. Putin is like you say a KGB assassin super agent that rides bears and ****. Worshipers on both sides are equally stupid they just don't know it.

Both of them are exaggerated by people that worship them. Elon is a super-genius that's going to solve world hunger and cure cancer and send us to space. Putin is like you say a KGB assassin super agent that rides bears and ****. Worshipers on both sides are equally stupid they just don't know it.
Yet only one of those is even tangentially related to you know...Combat. If you had to fight one you'd take a delusional tech bro instead of the overstated and also delusional ex KGB agent because we know he had at least *some* training so I'll just punch the nerd, thanks.

Wow....benefited from apartheid? Oh man he's guilty now!!! And he's white??!!!! Holy crap it's a good thing you mentioned his whiteness. He must just be massively privileged and a terrible person!

You know there are millions of people who do nothing but invest money in what they think would be a good investment. He invested well and helped the success of companies enough that's the wealthiest man in the world...or one of anyway.

Back