EMachine replaced Motherboard now No Sound

By joel1634
Nov 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to Techspot, but I have read many of the subjects for reference.

I installed a new motherboard (Intel P4M-865G-MAX ), and power supply.
    Then, reinstalled operating system XP Home with no issues until I tried to test all the hardware. More specific to play a music CD with no sound. I have an integrated Realtex AC97 audio (6 Channel). Has XP Home Home.

I checked all the volume controls to make sure volume was high enough and not muted. Also, checked the DirectX with the dxdiag cmd, with no problems, 2 set of speakers, and reinstalled the audio driver . Then I went to Realtek and updated the AC' 97 audio driver...Tried 2 different CD's. I reinstalled the chipset drivers too.

I need help I don't know what is wrong..Is the audio chip bad it's a new motherboard!! Please help.

Thanks,

Joel1634
  2. Superinc

Superinc Newcomer, in training Posts: 106

if you are using the front plugs , make sure you connected font audio panel header..
  3. cosmos100

cosmos100 Newcomer, in training Posts: 82

Realtek AC97 seems to have a lot of issues with drivers... You have already got them off the internet, tried updating?
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

You can always disable the on-board sound in the bios (make sure the on-board sound is enabled now) and install a PCI based sound card like the Creative Audigy SE
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.