EMachines with new mobo not outputting to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently replaced the dead motherboard and PSU of an eMachines T2984 with an old HP Pavilion 6653C and another PSU. I tested everything to make sure it works, and the computer turns on, and the fans spin, but there is no signal going to the monitor. The cord is plugged in firmly, and I can't replace it with another video card because there is no expansion slot of a video card. I have tried it on two different monitors and it doesn't work. What should I do?

Tedster said:

Sorry to bump my old thread.
I already read that, the computer is no longer an emachine, just an HP mobo in an Emachine case. The PSU is new, it worked before, the mobo worked before, thermal paste is on correctly, and RAM works fine, HD is unplugged, no CD drive, processor is fine, heatsink is brand new and working, I don't know why it's not working. The only thing I can think of is that the cords that plug into the mobo that control the Power SW, Power LED, and HDD LED are in incorrectly, I can't find where to plug them in. As soon as I flip the power switch, the computer turns on, no power LED. But I don't see why this would affect it not running. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back