Email and USB monitoring/capturing

I must make sure that certain files do not leave the company.
We have a Fortinet router that can monitor alot of things, if you can figure out how to set it up, and understand the garble that the log files produce.
I have been searching for software that will allow me to actually capture all incoming and outgoing emails in full, including any attached files.
Most will show who sent the email and to whom, as well as the file size, but no indication of what was actually sent.
I can block any file extension through the router, but what if they zip the files, or convert to .pdf ?
Same thing with monitoring what they put on external usb devices.
Any suggestions for software that can accomplish this ?
Any advice for me ?
Thanks very much ! :)

also google controlling usb devices

Controlling Intellectual Property is a big issue today and there are products that can
control which devices can be attached {both generic (eg thumb drive, access points, cell phones) and the specific device serial number (ie Person X's device is ok but Person Y's is not)

Of course this is not freeware and your Domain Controller will need to propogate the control(s) company wide.

Thanks for the fast reply jobeard !
I have spent alot of time looking at all the possibilities, and so far I find this software to be the most complete, all in one, and easy to use: spector360.com
Although a little pricey, but it monitors everything and seems to produce user friendly logs :)
I'm going to give it a try.
Thanks again !!

Back