TechSpot

email at msn.com

By Zeratul
Aug 15, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. I have a question,

From some period, one was able to make an email account at msn.com, but now, the only email i can do is at hotmail, not msn.

The advantage of msn one over hotmail was the inbox size=2GB, while the current one in hotmail is 250MBs

Can anyone tell me how to make the msn one NOW by some way or another :D ??

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You get 2GB of space if you sign up to Hotmail Plus. This service is not available for everyone though.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Well I've signed up for the Windows Live Mail Beta (very bad name, isn't it?) & my inbox has been upgraded to 2GB at the same time. I have no idea that will be the inbox size once it comes out of beta, but it's worth noting.

I believe you can sign up for the beta with any email from a Microsoft server, be it Hotmail or Msn or anything.

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,902   +338

You can probably sign up for an msn.com email account if you subscribe to their internet service but I'm sure you don't want to go that far. I still have an msn email account from when I used them as my dial-up ISP. I kept it even after canceling the dial-up service.

5. Shizat

Shizat TS Rookie Posts: 70

Gmail give 1GB I think...
    But I thought you could only get MSN if you used their ISP?

6. Didou

Gmail is currently at 2756MB.

7. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

8. Shizat

Shizat TS Rookie Posts: 70

Sweet.. I didn't know, I knew it was up there though...
    I just keep my POP from our domain and just keep it clean, but I can see where you would want a web based email...

9. Didou

Did I stutter ? :confused:

10. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

I got about 6 times as much spam as usual from MSN Live. Better still, their spam filters weren't catching it either. Gmail's never been a problem for me.

11. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +7

just like mailpup, I have an msn email from way back when I had them as a dial-up ISP. as far as I know, the only way to get an msn email account now is to pay for it (unless it's included with your ISP account)

cheers :wave: