TechSpot

Emulating Mouse Using Gamepad ??

By truffles
Mar 20, 2002
  1. Ello Ello,

I was wondering, people might prefer mouse as standard pointing device . . . but is it possible to use your gamepad as a mouse ? Like the axis pad/joystick ?

I would imagine that it would be hard to emulate and configure it to be compatible with different programs. Does anyone know of an application that will enable this feature ?

I am aware of that there is some programs being developed . . . on the intel wireless gamepad and gravis stinger . . .

I am currently using a Gravis Gamepad Pro (gameport) gamepad dueling with windows xp professional as my operating system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated =)@

Thanks,
    TRUFFLES

2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

I think the biggest issue would be finding software that would emulate the mouse. Also the gamepad would have to be very precise in order to be easy moving.

3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

My Nostromo n50 allows for it. I can set the D-Pad as the mouse's X and Y axes, although I never use it.

4. truffles

truffles TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

I would imagine . . . I cannot use the Nostromo n50 software ?
    Is it designed for your specific gamepad ?

That can be tough =/

THANKS,
    TRUFFLES

5. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Of course it is :p
    It only works for the n40, n45 and n50. Proprietary software.

6. Mr Duck

Mr Duck TS Rookie

I've got one

Hello, try using the JoyToKey, it worked for me with a PC-Action DragonPad, its pretty simple to use.

Regards.
    Mr Duck

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.