Enabling Integrated Video by using a new Video Card...problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowingnissan07

aiight, i have an AMD Duron processor, with a PCCHIPS K7 333 Motherboard. I assume that it had integrated video which worked for some time.

One day, while trying to get my DVD-ROM to work, i got a message kinda like this.

"You need to disable the TV Out function to work PowerDVD player"

stupidly and accidently, i shut off my videoadapter. :(

for about a week now, ive been trying everything to get it to work again. Everything up unitl the Windows XP welcome screen works, but then blackness. I know my PC still works, i can hear ths Windows XP start sounds and stuff.

i tried following a keystroke scenario, from holding the Windows Logo button and pressing R, "typing devmsgmt.msc" going to device manager and enabling it, but no avail. The best shot i had according to my friend was to install a different Video Card, and then using that one enable the old one. yet,i i installed the card in the AGP slot and i still the get the same problem.

I tried changing the Primary Graphics Adapter from PCI to AGP, which did nothing.

And then also tried to disable Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA, just to see what would happen. Nothing.

Idk what card i have, but i know it should be decent enough to run XP. Its not the best kind of card either, its just one im borrowing.

It had a black heat sync on it but no places to hook up wires and no jumpers to which i can see.

Im stumped.

Howdy

Try pressing f8 during boot, go into safe mode.
If you are unable to get into safe mode, then
it seems to me you may need to reset cmos.

I'm assuming you have a normal boot screen prior to XP
loading?

safemode doesnt work

everything that loads before XP works fine. Even the XP loading screen works, but only when the XP actually is started does it black out.

And yea, i already tried safemode, cant get it to work. I hope resetting the CMOS will solve this and not damage anything.

thanks for the tip

try selecting 'last known good configuration' from your boot menu (instead of safe mode). if you have a different video card laying around you can put that in as well, and using that one enable your main card.

Could you get a PCI card instead of AGP?

The onboard graphics uses the AGP port and if you've disabled that, you won't get any picture whilst trying to use an AGP card.

no luck

alright, for one, i tried Last Known Good Configuration as well as all the other options listed on the boot menu, to no avail.

Before i go out and buy a PCI card, do you think reinstalling XP would solve anything?

-tried to clear CMOS by pressing PgUP, but all i got was a series of clicking beeps. IT didnt reset anything, nor did moving the jumper onto the CLEAR CMOS pins for 10 sec while the PC was off.

Hmmm?

glowingnissan07 said:
-tried to clear CMOS by pressing PgUP, but all i got was a series of clicking beeps. IT didnt reset anything, nor did moving the jumper onto the CLEAR CMOS pins for 10 sec while the PC was off.
Clear cmos did not reset bios or just not fix the problem?
If it did not rest bios then removing the battery will, tho may not fix the
problem..
Try doing a repair install, as per this THREAD
If you are prepared to, re-installling xp might be the next thing to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back