encrypt contents to secure data(xp)problems after format

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI guys!i need your help..i have made encryption to some files and after the format i cant copy,move etc these files..I am seeing the message acces denied...What am i need to do?Thank u!

You no longer have access to those files. You might as well delete them

When you create a folder or file and use EFS you apply an SID that is unique to your username.

When you reformatted your drive you deleted that association with you files and folders.

BonJovi1000 said:
i have made encryption to some files and after the format i cant copy,move etc these files..I am seeing the message acces denied...What am i need to do?
Take ownership of those files.

If you think that "crackpassword is enough for me to stay away" then you don't want to find a solution to your problem....

pansovo said:
If you think that "crackpassword is enough for me to stay away" then you don't want to find a solution to your problem....

This is not my issue. It's someone else's. I am just giving them a caution.

Your not listening to me, thats fine.

But I telling you you cannot recover those files. How do I know this, I tried it and read all the XP PRO books I have.

The only way to recover is if your on a network and the admin designated people to be a recovery agent.

poster is right once you delete the certificates that hold the encryption codes your done.
they are made once for that system ID
if you would have saved them and added them you are good to go
been there done that woops

there is no special software that will get it back (that I know of)

BonJovi1000 said:
its a pity...they was too important files for me..Anyway thank u very much

Trust I have been there as well and thats why I know you can't recover it.

A hard lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back