EPG Downloader help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

http://epgdownloader.sourceforge.net/

Hey Ive been having problems with media center. It keeps crashing when i load anything with yahoo for some reason. In the even viewer in windows for the time of the error it always comes up with a type 7
"Event ID0, Source: Media Center Scheduler, Desc: ( Media Center Scheduler ) cannot be found..
If this is logged, it probably means that the EPG downloaded crashed during a download. Depending on the text of the message, take appropriate action (see if it maps to the text of any of the other errors); otherwise, try attempting download again, check for updates, or reinstall the product"

We think its the EPG thats is eithber ocrrupt or missing so im trying to download it with the link at the top

Ive been trying to download and install the file but it seems i need some different things to install the file:

• Pearl

• Time date (i think this has something to do with pearl as well

• WWW-Mechanise

I really am having problems install them all. I don't know how to install pearl to start with,I'm guessing i need to make a .bat file or something to run it but don't know but the others wont install without pearl and then when i have pearl i don't know how to install the other 2 components. I really need some good clear instructions on how to install Pearl and the other 2 plug ins

**BTW the site with The EPG downloader on says the best way to install the items is using my distribution package system. Would this be a better way of doing it and if it is how do i use this also

rev_olie said:
http://epgdownloader.sourceforge.net/

Hey Ive been having problems with media center. It keeps crashing when i load anything with yahoo for some reason. In the even viewer in windows for the time of the error it always comes up with a type 7
"Event ID0, Source: Media Center Scheduler, Desc: ( Media Center Scheduler ) cannot be found..
If this is logged, it probably means that the EPG downloaded crashed during a download. Depending on the text of the message, take appropriate action (see if it maps to the text of any of the other errors); otherwise, try attempting download again, check for updates, or reinstall the product"

We think its the EPG thats is eithber ocrrupt or missing so im trying to download it with the link at the top

Ive been trying to download and install the file but it seems i need some different things to install the file:

• Pearl

• Time date (i think this has something to do with pearl as well

• WWW-Mechanise

I really am having problems install them all. I don't know how to install pearl to start with,I'm guessing i need to make a .bat file or something to run it but don't know but the others wont install without pearl and then when i have pearl i don't know how to install the other 2 components. I really need some good clear instructions on how to install Pearl and the other 2 plug ins

**BTW the site with The EPG downloader on says the best way to install the items is using my distribution package system. Would this be a better way of doing it and if it is how do i use this also

Did you upgrade to SP3 by chance?

lol no i just installed IE7 and it just doesnt like it. It buggered up quite alot actually

Word
CCleaner
Office
Audio Card

and numerouse other things..bit odd really

rev_olie said:
lol no i just installed IE7 and it just doesnt like it. It buggered up quite alot actually

Word
CCleaner
Office
Audio Card

and numerouse other things..bit odd really

I had stopped using IE7 myself and gone for Firefox instead. What happens when you use firefox does it work with the EPG? I use SAGETV WebServer EPG and it works with Firefox.

yer i decided to install Firefox and it does actually work so im going to continue with that and i can see why you changed to Firefox!!

I have also just got CCleaner to work again (just reinstalled :p really tricky) and when i ran that it took and hour and clered 277MB or rubbish and that has allows yahoo to work with IE7 so something in there has caused a problem

IE7 I have to use for a picture host site, other than that it's Firefox. I know I started with IE when it first came out. But still IE8 or better might some some of the issue with loading slow. Firefox is quick and you can make it look like IE7 and function the same. Using one of the themes for it.

Ccleaner works great! Spyware Terminator is great also

ooh i will look at the themes for firefox i didn't know they existed. The only think that bugged me about firefox to start with was the download manager but as Ive gone thought its grown on me but i still think Microsoft will again bugger up and rush a new IE upgrade because thats all they seem to do these days it seems to be really unstable and just doesnt work and breaks really easily...but thats maybe just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back