EPP Memory and Motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindObject

This mother board caught my attention since it's Sli with three inputs, except the memory standard confused me a bit. It says: DDR2 800 Support for up to 1200MHz SLI-Ready Memory with EPP.

I found memory DDR2 Pc2 9600 memory that's 1200 mhz but the question that I have is, Is this memory going to run at 1200mhz on this mother board? If it runs at all? Do I MUST have Sli configuration for the memory to work?

Edit: The mother board is deactivated...but I still wanna know. Please?

Anyday now..

Be patient someone with knowledge of the subject will respond to your post asap. You dont need to run sli cards for the ram to work, and yes if the motherboard says it supports up to 1200 ddr 2 you can buy 1200 ddr 2 and it will work fine. You may have to manually set the speed of the ram to 1200 in the bios, but either way, you should be fine

The ram you have chosen should work with your board. But you may want to check the ram compatibility list for you board to be sure. Another thing is that you may have to manually set the memory voltage in the bios, as well as the speed. The board may default to 1.8v and underclock the ram to 800. Hope this helps :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back