Error c0000218 and missing password

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

i keep on getting error c0000218, stating the registry cannot load the hive and it is corrupt

i have tried the recovery console but it needs an admin password which i do not know that as my pc has always been open and a password was never locked.

. what do i do?

0xC0000218: UNKNOWN_HARD_ERROR
A necessary Registry hive file couldn’t be loaded. The file may be corrupt or missing (requiring either an Emergency Repair Disk or a Windows reinstallation). The Registry files may have been corrupted because of hard disk corruption or some other hardware problem. A driver may have corrupted the Registry data while loading into memory, or the memory where the Registry is loading may have a parity error (turn off the external cache and check the physical RAM).

Can you load to the desktop at all?

well i just managed to do that after typing in some codes on the net through recovery and now all my files are wiped and it is refusing me admin right to some applications.

is there anyway i could get my files back.

my desktop does not contain any folders i previously had, i have a problem with system restore, cannot log onto the internet, my d drive is not working.and like i said i have lost some admin rights even though i am the admin and my computer is not locked.

This sounds like a harddrive issue but as the error code defines it could be other things as well.

What is the make of your harddrive? Find out, go to the manufacture's website, and use their free harddrive diagnostic tool. Burn it to a CD and boot-up with CD in drive.

* Serious infections can also cause your symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back