Error caused be Device Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfile102

I have not installed any new hardware in over three months. All of a sudden the last couple of weeks, I have been having random Crashes. Now, lately, my machine crashes about 4 times a day. I just reinstalled windows on a BRAND NEW HD, and still the same issue. The last hardware change I made was adding more RAM. I did not know that your RAM should always be the same MANUFATURER AND SIZE. I previously had 512 MB of Samsung, and I bought a 1 GB DIMM from Best Buy. After I did that, my computer started locking up and freezing whenever I used Memory intense proggies like QuickPar. So I took the old DIMM out and left the 1 GB Recently. By I am crashing constantly, especially when I use memory intensive apps. I consistently get the same error message from windows:
Error Caused by Device Driver. Can someone help me? I do not know what to do. I am not using any new fancy drivers, just up to date ones as far as I know.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions on testing your ram.

If that doesn`t help, then zip 5, or 6 minidumps together and post them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Taken from the above thread I linked.

If after doing the above, your BSOD`s continue, then please zip 5, or 6 minidumps together(you will need to use a zip utility such as Winra, or Winzip to do this) and attach them in your post. The reason we need 5, or 6 minidumps is because it is very difficult to diagnose a problem accurately from only one, or two minidumps.

You can find your minidumps in the following directory. c/windows/minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

What were the results of your ram testing?

Your minidumps are crashing with various errors including memory corruption.

Have you run a disk check?

Apart from one, all your second set of minidumps crash at ntoskrnl.exe

The other one crashes at SYMTDI.SYS. Which is the Symantec Network Dispatch Driver.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling your Symantec programme. Also check for any updates, or patches.

If that doesn`t work, then using a different security programme may help.

I still need to know what your results from the memory testing are.

Also check all your cables, and connection. Take a look at your mobo to see if there are any domed, or leaking capacitors. Take a look HERE for futher information about this.

Problems

Hard to answer. I never get RESULTS from the test. It just runs non-stop until you quit. But I have a total of 2.5 GB of RAM, and all 3 dimms test with errors. The test never finishes, it just keeps checking the errors. So I never get some official screen that says, HERE ARE YOUR RESULTS. It says there were errors in RED, but does not say WHAT the errors are. I have run both MemTest AND the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. Both show errors. What should I do? I bought one of the DIMMs from Best Buy 2 months ago, and the other 1 GB on eBay. The 512 stick came from the manufacturer.

Memtest does run untill you tell it to stop.

You need to be testing your sticks of ram separately.

If Memtest finds errors, your ram is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back