TechSpot

Error code: 0x805000f

By vermeuk
Dec 2, 2005
  1. Hi,

I got a spontaneous reboot a couple of hours ago.
    The error code was 0x805000f but nothing of the possible options helps.
    I attached the dump file, maybe someone can help me with that (or help me with getting the useful info out of it :blush: )

Thanks in advance!

Kris.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need to see 5 or 6 minidumps to be able to make any kind of diagnosis.

If this is the first BSOD you have had, it might just be a one off(glitch).

Your minidump crashes at win32k.sys. This is the Windows Multi-User Win32 Driver. It has a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. vermeuk

vermeuk TS Rookie Topic Starter

An upgrade of the drivers for the system could help yes.
    It is the first and only crash for the moment so maybe it was just a glitch of the system.
    On the moment of the crash 30 somewhat users were working on the server (cpu around 30%, ram around 500meg and 20,000 - 40,000 interrupts/sec) which is normal for that server.

I'll just wait a few days and if no more crasher occur, the better. (Because the system will be reïnstalled in a few months with new software and drivers, no action will be taken for the moment)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.