Error MSG in File Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error MSG in File Sharing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unfortunally i dont know much about networking...

although I do need to share the file between the 2 computers..

ok now,
hardware, 2x win XP PRo 1/Laptop 1/Desktop
ASDLRouter/Modem/switch = Netcomm NB13000 Plus 4 (DHCP ready)

website info
An enhanced version of NetComm’s ever popular NB1300 ADSL Modem/Router, the NB1300PLUS4 combines an ADSL modem with USB and 10/100 Ethernet interfaces, Router and a 4-port 10/100 Switch. The Router features NAT/PAT (network/port address translation) and dynamic IP address allocation. With dynamic addressing, a device can have a different IP address every time it connects to the network. Combined with the integrated NAT routing function, this provides a type of firewall by hiding internal IP addresses from the outside world. In addition, the 4 port 10/100 Switch can share a single ADSL connection with all users from the day you install it

Both computer have the same WORKGROUP name. i can see both computer on both machines, while looking "MYNETWORK PLACES"

Can Ping both computers from each other with no errors

Trouble is....

i can only access the laptop form the Desktop. when i try to access the desktop fron the laptop i receive this error msg..

Quote:
---------------------------
Home
\\Rebecca is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

OK

This is what i dont understand as we have administrators rights on both computers...

Why can i access 1 & not the other???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back