Error Signature at startup

By wee1man
Mar 25, 2008
  1. Ive just put a new os xp Pro and now when i start the comp i get this error message after i get the message , your computer has just suffered a serious error Any ideas guys? heres the error message :::: error signature , BCcode:1ooooo7e-BCP1:cooooo5-BCP2:BA3563C6-BCP3:F79C2A5C-BCP4:F79C275C-OSVer:5_1_2600-SP:0_0-Product:256_1.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Can be Partition or Virus related

If this is a clean install
    I would suggest that you first try re-installing Windows, but this time select remove partition(s) first

That way you rule out the above.
  3. wee1man

wee1man TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 55

thanks kim ill try that and yea its an old xp os but ive used it before. with good success. when i boot the pc. i got to select the os either the xp pro or the old home os, so ill try the re install. thanks for your time kim :0)
  4. kimsland

Please post back once you have a clean Windows Xp installed (+ drivers and chipsets installed) and ideally SP2 first
  5. wee1man

wee1man TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 55

kk and thanks once again kim, ill be doing the reinstall laters so ill let you know how i get on . and SP2 i dont have it
    theres a reason which i cant say why *winks*
  6. kimsland

SP2 doesn't require windows genuine advantage by the way
    To download it, it does though.

I have it on CD (which is free to get from MS - takes a couple of weeks to come!)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.