EU calls for less US controlled internet with web globalization proposal

By Justin Kahn
Feb 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Following news of NSA surveillance operations along with years worth of concern regarding US control over the internet, the EU has set forth new proposals calling for globalization of the net. Among suggestions of a much more global internet management...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

Its not supposed to be "controlled" at all, and quite honestly at this point other countries have done more controlling than America has (although I see that changing soon)
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,370   +2,164

Smells like a power grab.

"A review of conflicts between national laws or jurisdictions that will suggest possible remedies"

This is Level 9 gov't speak for "How can we get around the laws of sovereign nations to curtail activity we don't approve?"
  4. OH SHI-
  5. Makes sense. The NSA abused the hell out of the internet management in the U.S.

I can't say I blame them especially when putting myself in their shoes. Perhaps we can even find a way to decentralize as much as possible to help reduce spying on all sides and not just the U.S. though?