Evaluate my second home build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob2006ty

Hi guys,

I just ordered the parts for my second ever home build pc.
I just want to know what you think of it.

asus m4a78-e mobo
8gb (4x2gb) corsair xms2 ddr2 800 ram
amd phenom II 945 3.0ghz quad core processor.
xfx hd 4850 1gb gddr3 gpu 256 bit with 512mb onboard already
2 x maxtor diamond-max 320gb hdd's
sunbeam acb9 acrylic green led pc case (12 green leds, with 3 120mm green led fans, and custom fan grills.)
19" tft
650tx corsair psu
onboard sound and networking

thanks for taking the time to give your opinions

2 x maxtor diamond-max 320gb hdd's
I'm worried most about those harddrives, their not known as the most reliable.
Other than tham you have a lot of RAM, but you can never have too much eh?

Like HK the first thing that I immediately noticed were the Maxtor HDs. Seagate bought out Maxtor and they are more like their second tier offerings.

Question: Why go with a mobo with DDR2 RAM instead of the DDR3? There are some great DDR3 Asus motherboard offerings at this time.

Love that cpu and it will certainly be a very nice system.

Question: Why go with a mobo with DDR2 RAM instead of the DDR3? There are some great DDR3 Asus motherboard offerings at this time.

I agree with what Route44 says. An AM3 CPU and DDR3 combination would be great as AM3 will be AMDs flagship in the coming years. Maybe the X3 720 with the ASUS M4A78T-E (my build :D).

Otherwise, good build.

Like HK the first thing that I immediately noticed were the Maxtor HDs. Seagate bought out Maxtor and they are more like their second tier offerings.

Love that cpu and it will certainly be a very nice system.

ddr2 is within budget =p waiting for price to decrease

I don't think you'd be exceeding your budget by much if you went for the X3 720 and DDR3. Also chage the PSU to the Corsair 450VX. You don't need 650 Watts for that system.

I don't think you'd be exceeding your budget by much if you went for the X3 720 and DDR3. Also chage the PSU to the Corsair 450VX. You don't need 650 Watts for that system.

you sure? i can change my orders at the mo, just changed hdds to two hitachi deskstars 500gb, as reccomended by micromart. so i can still change the psu if i need to

What does your budget come out to be with just the motherboard, cpu, and RAM in your original configuration?

Also, why 8 gigs of RAM?

What does your budget come out to be with just the motherboard, cpu, and RAM in your original configuration?

Also, why 8 gigs of RAM?

i dont really have a budget i can spend what i want, but dont want to go too mad should i change mobo and get 4gb ddr3? how much faster is ddr3 than ddr2?

i dont really have a budget i can spend what i want, but dont want to go too mad should i change mobo and get 4gb ddr3? how much faster is ddr3 than ddr2?
Yes defiantly, theres no point having DDR2 RAM anymore, the price difference is negligible, and its usually useless to have 8gb of RAM. Best going with 2x2 gb of DDR3.
Also with no budget, it may be worthwhile to look into a 5850 instead.

you sure about the psu? cos i only have a limited time to change my order.

Yes defiantly, theres no point having DDR2 RAM anymore, the price difference is negligible, and its usually useless to have 8gb of RAM. Best going with 2x2 gb of DDR3.
Also with no budget, it may be worthwhile to look into a 5850 instead.

thanks but i will stick with my gpu choice as i only want to play red alert3 and gta iv
as well as internet and general ms office

ok i have cancelled the mobo and psu order, still ordering hdds (deskstars)
if you could reply to my question, are you sure the 450w will be enough? and ddr3 4gb instead of ddr2 8gb as well as the m4a78te mobo instead?

i don't have long left to cancel other orders

thanks anyway

I have cancelled my mobo and psu order, trying to cancel ram order, getting 4gb ddr3 ram and the motherboard ritwik7 has and have posted another thread about psu

thanks so much cancelled psu and mobo, ordered new ddr3 mobo and new psu lower wattage, rying to cancel ram order and get ddr3. may have to recieve it and return it. well see, but any thanks. i got my set up erm well set up now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back