Ever wanted to see a CPU explode?

Yeah right, they successfully booted into Windows with a Duron running at 3GHz and the CPU fan stopped...

Even the original site says the videos are most likely fake.

:) I did spot that, but hey, It still looks impressive. I don't believe for a moment that running a Duron at near 4 Ghz with only a heatsink to cool it would last the length of that video, but I found it none the less entertaining.

Just making sure a good tech site like TS doesn't spread misinformation.. There are too many gullible people here :p

I've seen a few processors that ran with no heatsink on them. They didn't explode (not nearly enough power is dissipated in a normal CPU to vaporize it), but rather melted and smoked. What you're left with is a blackened chip and a nasty smell in the air. They certainly can't leap vertically out of the socket. Where would the upward force come from?

LOL
ITS interesting to see that most people in the TS forums dont have like a physics or chem degree
ITS imposiible for that to happen
IT would take maybe a pc powered by lighting but not your average house electricity

blue_dragon said:
LOL
ITS interesting to see that most people in the TS forums dont have like a physics or chem degree
IT would take maybe a pc powered by lighting but not your average house electricity

The first reply denounced the video as fake, and the second reply agreed. Most people ANYWHERE don't have a physics or chem degree. lmao

blue_dragon said:
LOL

well at least its obvious you dont have an english degree.

im only kidding

but on the topic, even though it is a bit off in the accuracy department, it is still great fun seeing a duron explode. I want to know how they did it...a small explosive maybe? that thing shot like a bullet :p

Sean

I have to agree, it looks faked. I don't think you could generate enough heat to sponaneously vaporize enough material (mostly the gold metalization of the contact) within the CPU die to cause a violent explosion like that. Cool special effect though.

funny to watch! but i think it was done with pyrotechnics. who would pour water onto electrics? and as for the regularity of the burst it would indicate pyro's. well thats my view!

but it was still funny

Back