Every game I play crashes for no reason

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever I play any game for like 2 minutes. Some games don't even start up? When they crash the game freezes and im forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen. The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new when not playing games. I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the games which crash!

(Specs not included in profile) Corsair TX 650w PSU, Arctic cooling freezer for processor.

Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again:
- Reset to factory settings
- Malware scan
- Virus scan
- Registry clean
- Stress test on hardware
- MEMTEST86
- clean out inside pc
- Validating game cache on steam (Its not just steam games that crash, its all games)
- Defragmented my HDD and SSD
- Removed any overclocks

If anyone has any other ideas please, please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe?

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. If you need more info just ask!

Regards, Luke

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

Did u try in anyway to check your bios settings try to check if there are any bios updates for your motherboard im guessing overclocking aint the problem since he changed to factory settings

some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe?
They were probably referring to the graphics card.

In other words turn the PC off, so it will be safe to perform the action. Remove the graphics card and then insert back into PC. Sometimes this helps, but there is only one way to know for sure if this is one of those times.

Defragmenting a SSD is a VERY bad idea. Also, dont bother with the registry cleaning.

What are your full system specs?
CPU: Intel core i5 - 3570k @4.2ghz
Motherboard, Memory: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H, Intel Z77 Chipset 8GB Corsair vengeance LP
Graphics: 3GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X, @850mhz
Storage: 1TB HDD 120GB Corsair SSD
Case, cooling: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition 3 fans
Other Peripherals: corsair k90 keyboard
Operating System: windows 7 64bit

by the looks of it it seems that this is the pc specs I doubt he games on another pc rather then this one haha :)

CPU: Intel core i5 - 3570k @4.2ghz
Motherboard, Memory: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H, Intel Z77 Chipset 8GB Corsair vengeance LP
Graphics: 3GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X, @850mhz
Storage: 1TB HDD 120GB Corsair SSD
Case, cooling: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition 3 fans
Other Peripherals: corsair k90 keyboard
Operating System: windows 7 64bit

by the looks of it it seems that this is the pc specs I doubt he games on another pc rather then this one haha :)

Wait, where did you see that? lol

Wait, where did you see that? lol

well profile information.. I doubt anyone would fake that and anyways he did mention he had some an o/c before he turned it back to factory settings and the ssd I just guessed and seems like I was right.?

+ im a magician :p

well profile information.. I doubt anyone would fake that and anyways he did mention he had some an o/c before he turned it back to factory settings and the ssd I just guessed and seems like I was right.?

+ im a magician :p

Hahaha. I was like, how does he know that? xD

Back