Everything is going wrong at once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ASUS P5N-SLI mobo, 3 gigs ram, Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb, sound blaster xtreme gamer, a dvd burner and 4 hard drives.
Alright, I shut down my computer last night. Everything was fine. I went to turn it on this morning and heard crackling noises. I turned it off. I turned it back on with the panel open to isolate the sound. It was my PSU. An OCZ Gamexstream 700w. So I go to OCZ, they ask me to jump the PSU to try to get it to start to figure out if its the psu or the mobo. It doesn't start. So I'm RMAing the PSU.

So I switch out the PSU with my old 550w PSU. My 8800 will not show send a signal to the monitor. I switch to my old graphics card, which I ran on the 550w before, and it doesn't send a signal to the monitor either.

Anyone have any clue what to try next?

Hello, doubleohpsycho, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it could be that your old psu is faulty, if you have an old pc you could try it in then you could see if it works in another setup.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s quite possible, maybe even likely, that when your psu went bad, it`s taken other components with it. This may well include the mobo. :(

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

As long as its the mobo

Hey...as long as its the mobo...I'm happy. Sadly. I plan on getting a new mobo and processor soon anyway. If it took the graphics card....I'm gonna be pissed. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it didn't since both work. I just wanted to see if other people thought mobo too...so I'll probably run to tigerdirect tonight and pick up a new mobo. Oh well.

I just really hope its not my graphics card. And with my luck today, even though I know it probably isn't...still can't help but worry that it is.

Thanks for the info though. And strangely enough, peace of mind for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back