TechSpot

Everytime I open an explorer window the installer for acrobat launches

By Karmashock
Apr 27, 2006
  1. Everytime I open an explorer window the installer for acrobat launches. In fact, it won't open the explorer window UNTIL I have cancelled the install. Not that it matters what I do with the install. It you can install, uninstall, modify... whatever. Doesn't stop the installer from loading.

Anyway, I'm getting annoyed and I think the only solution is to go into the registry and delete all references to acrobat... but I don't want to do that.

Any other suggestions?

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Have you tried a general registry cleaner ? Like Regscrub XP or even CCLEANER

Interesting link HERE

In my registry all the Acrobat files begin with "acrord" if that`s any use to you.

3. Karmashock

Karmashock TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 223

yep... didn't do anything... I've actually run about 5 different reg scrubbers... each found stuff the others didn't.. which kind of makes me wonder a little... the last one I used found 1700 things to clean out... that's after the first found 800. the second found 80, and the third found something like 200...

so I'm a little confused about that... but whatever...

oh, and that article you posted seems to match my situation.

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,351   +622

try regedit to FIND RunOnce or RunOnceEx programs

5. Karmashock

Karmashock TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 223

finally gave in and just went into the registry and deleted all the acrobat entries... fixed it right away.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.