eVGA 6600GT + eVGA NF43 + Zalman ZM-NB47J = happy? or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

after many trial and errors with the fans.. i finally figured out why my PC is still so loud.. well the NB chipset cooler on this motherboard (eVGA NF43) is very loud for a little tiny fan. so i decided to replace it with passive cooling.. such as the Zalman ZM-NB47J
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014

Question is.. i have a 6600GT right by the chipset cooler.. will the zalman fit in there? i kno it wont with the 7800GTs but im not sure how much longer ther PCB's are on those cards.. maybe someone can help me =]

After looking at my 6600gt, the picture of the motherboad, and the picture of the cooler, I don't think it will work. You use the blue pci-e slot right?
I guess there are several options. If your chipset stays plenty cool you could try slowing the fan either using a software program, or by using a manual fan speed controller. Or I've seen people with the same heatsink and a similar board layout cut some of the spokes(or bend them), so that it wouldn't interfere with the card. There also might be replacments with a fan that is quieter available.

yes i use the blue PCI-e slot

i want this zalman because its 10$.. cheap solution and its my last step to a quiet PC.. i guess i'll have to cut off some pins.. i jus looked at the website again and apparently, you can turn the heatsink so its kinda sideways... maybe that can help.. thnx neway =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back