TechSpot

eVGA BF2 problem

By olepad91
Aug 25, 2005
  1. The other day I installed an eVGA 6800 128MB standard card and am having a problem with jumping, flickering textures in specific areas of BF2 maps (e.g. railroad/bridge of Karkand map, and individual areas of others). I have all the latest drivers installed and bios flashed, and think its time to return this otherwise awesome card to sender.
    If anyone has any ideas, it would save me a lot of trouble.

I have...
    GA-KN8 Pro, NVidia N3 driver, AC'97
    1 Gig DDR 400
    Athlon 3200+
    Halitosis (Just kidding)

2. harrisdurrani

harrisdurrani TS Enthusiast Posts: 159

Here check this out

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_6800_unlocking/page2.asp

If you can do this your card will be Pretty close to a Geforce 6800 GT....
    All the Geforce 6800 cards are based on the NV40 technology... The only prob is that ultra and GT have 16 pixel pipelines compared to 6800's (vanialla) 12 pixel pipeline...

if you can unlock the other 4 you may see some improvements ...

3. olepad91

olepad91 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Already tried that, but with Rivatuner

Ive allready done that with Rivatuner. Ive even readjusted the configuration by turnig different pipelines and vertex points on and off with little effect. I soppose its time for an RMA.
    Thanks anyway

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

It could still be a driver problem. If you've tried the very latest video driver, try a few older drivers. It's a lot less trouble than an RMA. Nvidia has had some problems with their recent new drivers and maybe the very latest isn't quite perfect.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.