EVGA launches simplified serial-based global warranty program

By Matthew
Apr 3, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. EVGA has announced a revamped warranty program that promises to improve services for both first and secondhand shoppers. Instead of issuing warranties to buyers and requiring them to register their…

Read the whole story
  2. Raswan

Raswan TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 280

In the wake of XFX's reduced warranty service, this is good news. Guess all of my gpus will be EVGA from now on. Well done.
  3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 585   +79

i like their motherboards best. made in US, top notch quality build. look forward to buying another EVGA mobo.
  4. Butch

Butch TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 112

Agreed. I've been buying EVGA for years. They haven't let me down yet...
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,818   +1,431

I've only bought one EVGA product, an EVGA GeForce GTS 450. I have absolutely no complaints with this card. Ran the card at 100% GPU usage for over a year and never had a problem. I will definitely be looking to purchase EVGA again and this news makes it so much easier to buy EVGA products.
  6. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Is there still a warranty for 3rd party coolers? I have an EVGA GTX 480 with a Gelid cooler on it and I would certainly like some coverage.
  7. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

About time, I hope this catches on.
  8. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TechSpot Booster Posts: 267   +47

Very good move, I'll take that point in mind for following recommendations and purchases. Really there was no "heavy" decisive factor for my purchases between the options where I live but the difference in clock speeds, cooler, etc. between the same model of different brands and their price. My friend's ASUS GTS 250 stopped working 1 year and 3 days after he purchased it, he couldn't reclaim warranty; after a year of trying to find someone to fix it, we ended up baking the card and it went back to life fortunately. I know I can't generalize for one case but EVGA's decision is not bad, not bad at all. Hope more companies follow -really, is not the big deal looking at the serial number.
  9. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 503   +80

EVGA is one of NVIDIA's biggest partners for sure. I only buy video cards from them.
  10. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Personally I've never had to RMA any components (I usually upgrade and sell them before they have time to fail) but this is a great move by EVGA, they will increase sales as people will buy them for the greater resale value.
  11. Twixtea

Twixtea Newcomer, in training Posts: 87

12. nickblame

nickblame Newcomer, in training Posts: 41

Very nice evga!
  13. Looks like I'll be purchasing EVGA in the future.
  14. All of us who bought before July 2011 are SOL, except for the lucky few who live in jurisdictions where the registration requirement is unenforceable by law.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.