TechSpot

evga upgrade progam

By LinkedKube
May 31, 2007
  1. Can anyone that has used this program or system please give me a brief description on how it works.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Its pretty limited/restrictive.

Basically you buy a card, and if within 90 days of purchase you want a better card you can do it, you have to send your card back in perfect condition with everything it came with (you have to have bought it from a dealer on their list) and then you pay the difference in cost between the new card and what you originally paid for the old.

ALL The details here.

3. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 3,481   +44

ok nice, and thank you.

4. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 373

However

They can choose to limit certain SKU's when ever they want for what ever reason.

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

That's convenient. :D

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Topic Starter Posts: 3,481   +44

That sucks, lol, just make sure you get an item from their authorized vendor listings.

7. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

Lol.

So given that this program is pretty much useless, is there any other good reason to stay with eVGA?

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

The reason I have an EVGA card is because it outbenched the BFG version in most tests I saw done, and since I was already spending a lot of money on it I wanted every bit of performance I could get without OCing myself. And it had the word "superclocked" on it :D

The EVGA and BFG were both substantially faster than a 'stock' version from someone else.

AGP 7800GS CO

9. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

Do you actually pay more for the faster "stock" versions?

Because I can easily overclock the card myself, no need for the vendor to do it for me and charge extra.

10. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

I buy eVGA, because of there low prices, awesome performance, great warranty and because of the Step-Up program.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.