Exact same problem another member had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So, I know this was almost a year ago to the day, but I am stuck with the EXACT same problem a Moongoose333 posted (0x0000009c (0x00000004, and so on)). And by exact I mean from the same video card he/she had (ATI 1650) to the little pink square that occurs on the BSOD. I have torn my computer apart and done everything Moongoose did (as if the words came out of my mouth...), unfortunately the threads stopped or, as it was a year ago, were deleted before I was able to find out the solution I was wondering if the problem was resolved and would greatly appreciate (as I am sure you know) any direction you can give me.

Thanks,
Spaz

Thread: machine_check_exception stop: 0X0000009C (0X00000004 0X80546E70 0XB2000000 0X00070F0F)

Error code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, harddrive, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

Spaz, the best advice I can give you is to do what many do in this case: Strip your computer down to the bare essential of PSU, CPU, and one stick of RAM. Boot up and if stays booted up, shut down and add one and only one piece of hardware. Boot-up again and if that remains stable continue as before.

Tedious? Yes, at times very tedious but since this is an unknown hardware issue looking at once piece at a time is important. Are any of your components overclocked? Have you run memtest on your memory? Have you run harddrive diagnostics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back