TechSpot

EXPLORED....it wont go away!!!!!

By jamilv
May 15, 2004
  1. I still cannot seem to get rid of this infection...i do not have much knowledge on the virus or software aspect of computing...so i have not been able to remove the virus/trojan....so far i have tried adaware, spybot s&d...norton quarintene...using regedit to delete or modify the explored file....so far none of them have worked...so i want to know if I should just contact my warrenty people and tell them that my computer is totally messed and they should send me a new computer or is this fixable becuase i would reallylike to keep my files....so far i have reformatted my computer at least 4 times...and the infection has not ben affected...please help me out!

2. filthy_mcnasty

filthy_mcnasty TS Rookie Posts: 78

. . . . please explain more about the virus and what you're doing.

if you reformatted your computer and the virus didn't go away, well (simply put) you didn't really reformat.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Or you got it back by running the same program/email that put it on there the first time.

4. Goalie

Goalie TS Booster Posts: 616

Try getting Hijack this and letting us know what all it detects.

You're installing some program that is loading this explored. Maybe a cutsie weatherbug type thing, or a game, or a "freeware utility"

5. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

6. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.