Explorer freezing in Windows 7

Thank you for the help with my prior topic, but a new issue has arisen.

I walked away from my computer for a while. When I got back, Chrome had frozen up, and it was so bad I couldn't even get Task Manager opened nor explorer responding in general. The other couple of windows I had open were still able to respond and close properly, mouse and keyboard were working, but Explorer was just done. It didn't even show the tabs disappear as the windows closed.

I've already run both the windows Chkdsk and Western Digital diagnostic on my drives, they came up clean. Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot S&D and my Avast! antivirus, THEY all came up clean. I've also run system-file-checker, sfc /scannow, and got that fixed.

These things happen.......it was most likely a mal-formed website with portions incompatible with whatever version of chrome you currently are on. Suggest you download the latest possible version, but before installing it, uninstall the existing chrome as fully as you can.

If chrome won't work to allow you to download the latest installer, then use IE for that purpose.

Last edited:
Back