Extremo Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone had an Extremo Power Supply or knew of any reviews. I've heard mixed things about them and am wondering if I made a bad purchase. I bought a 550w Extremo for $29.00 (includes shipping, 1 yr. warranty and mounting screws). Anyone have any experience with this off name brand?

Great PSU

I've had my Extremo 550 Watt Power Supply for about 2 months now, I was running a 2600+ with a A7N8X-X, but when I upgraded to the 3200+ and the A7N8X-E Deluxe I loved it so much I just moved it over. Its fairly quite, runs great, never had it switch out on me and such off (like my other Antec did :rolleyes: ), and I don't think I'll reach the full 550 watts anytime soon, overall I love mine. Hope the same luck with yours.

Bill :D

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not really worried about reaching the 550w level, but more about power surges that I've heard horror stories about. i.e. burning out mobo's, graphics cards etc. I just cant seem to find any good resources on their reliablity.

Well, looking at the price of an Enermax (a known, reputable, high quality brand) 550W PSU which is $138, and the price of this 550W PSU which is $29, I would say there's something else going on. Most likely that was just a number they pulled out of somewhere I won't mention, but another possibility is the amperage on the 12V rail got cut severely, and I can't find any links where it lists the amperage on all the different leads. I am almost completely positive that they are marketing that falsely. The company has no website, I have never heard of them before, much less associated with a good product. Even a Google search for "extremo 550w power supply" doesn't come back with much. Not to mention even the name sounds cheap..."Extremo"?

I wouldn't trust the PSU farther than I could throw it. Would much rather shell out extra cash for a "lower rated" (read: probably higher) PSU, like a 350W Enermax.

Extremo Power ? I don't think so.

I installed an Extremo Power supply, 650 W Max, for a friend. He didn't have the money for a real power supply, so for 29 and change, he bought the Extremo. 2 weeks after it was installed he called me and asked me to take a look at his computer because it was making a clicking noise and freezing up when it did. Well I checked to see if any connections had come loose, nope. Then I thought, maybe the power supply is bad, it is new and I never heard of them before then. Well I did a couple of tests to see if it was. Much, not, to my surprise, it was not living up to the numbers on it. I tried to find out about the company and couldn't find anything on them. So I guess I could say that he bought the most expensive PS for his comp, without getting it as he did have to replace the one from Extremo. My thoughts, DON'T EVER BUY THE CEAPO EXTREMO, You WILL pay for it in the end.
Saber1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back