F1 Key issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. for some reason my F1 key is not responsive, but all the other keys on my keyboard work just fine.. I swapped out 3 different keyboards on my computer, and they all did the same thing, the F1 key was the only unresponsive one on them.. One of the keyboards I know had a working F1 key.. I did any troubleshooting I could through the Windows help and trouble shooting that is built into Windows (XP in case you are wondering what OS i am using) Checked any and all drivers for the boards and what not and still nothing.. Any help with this issue would be appreciated..

Is it possible you have some sort of function lock controlled by software? Go into the control panel in windows.

You need to go into device manager. See how here. And see if there is a yellow exclamation mark by your keyboard.
If yes is the answer then try rolling back the drivers by right clicking your keyboard and pressing properties, then roll back driver.

Are you using a ps2 keyboard or a usb?

Regards Jase :)

Just curious why you need F1 enabled? I can honestly say I wish mine didn't work, because I always hit by accident when hitting Escape.

Ok.. no function locked, I checked that out first.. and there is no issue with the drivers.. the reason I need the F1 key (or a way to get around it) is because of a game, Tron 2.0, that i play and I cant change the key bindings for that key in particular in the game itself.. I have a bad feeling it is my MB but for only the F1 key?? the key binding for the F1 key is written in the programing specifically and not in the control change options..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back