F2a85xm-d3h install of peripherals problem

By stealedcircle
Jul 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey folks

where can I install a sd card reader on this unit there was a build in on the tower but I dont know where to plug it in the?

[​IMG]

I have it pluged into 1 of the usb 2.0 ports on the bottom right now and the usb on the unit works but nothing when it comes to reading cards.
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,114   +732

What is the model of SD card reader?
  3. stealedcircle

stealedcircle Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

I'm not to sure it does have like a double row off the 1 cord that comes from it I think 5 & 4.

It takes sd and those some what bigger cards look like cell batteries.
  4. JC713

I need to see what you are talking about. Can you take a picture?
  5. stealedcircle

stealedcircle Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Here is a pic (wow thats a little big sorry) it only has 1 cable coming from it that is a "10 pin" a blank with a row of 4 female inserts then a second row of 5 female inserts I have it pluged into 1 of the 2 usb ports on the internal motherboard part.[​IMG]
  6. JC713

There is no pic man :(.
  7. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,198   +105

[​IMG]

I would say by your description and the lack of any other socket I can think of it must be a USB plug.

Does the card reader require its own power?

Be sure its plugged in to a usb header and not firewire. Download any drivers from the manufacturers website.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.