F2a85xm-d3h install of peripherals problem

stealedcircle

Hey folks

where can I install a sd card reader on this unit there was a build in on the tower but I dont know where to plug it in the?

6967_m.jpg

I have it pluged into 1 of the usb 2.0 ports on the bottom right now and the usb on the unit works but nothing when it comes to reading cards.

I'm not to sure it does have like a double row off the 1 cord that comes from it I think 5 & 4.

It takes sd and those some what bigger cards look like cell batteries.

Here is a pic (wow thats a little big sorry) it only has 1 cable coming from it that is a "10 pin" a blank with a row of 4 female inserts then a second row of 5 female inserts I have it pluged into 1 of the 2 usb ports on the internal motherboard part.

Here is a pic (wow thats a little big sorry) it only has 1 cable coming from it that is a "10 pin" a blank with a row of 4 female inserts then a second row of 5 female inserts I have it pluged into 1 of the 2 usb ports on the internal motherboard part.

There is no pic man :(.

I would say by your description and the lack of any other socket I can think of it must be a USB plug.

Does the card reader require its own power?

Be sure its plugged in to a usb header and not firewire. Download any drivers from the manufacturers website.

Back