Facebook - can't upload photos or files

1. Facebook will not upload any files or photos as attachments when updating my status or sending messages. If I upload a photo to my facebook folder then add a comment it will post. However I don't want to put all photo and files on FB in order to post or send messages. I am using Window 7, IE 10 , Safari 5.1.7
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,566   +184

Perhaps you might try using Firefox to do such. Can you give us a step by step on how you're doing it? Perhaps you might be missing a step?
  3. Vernita Dawkins

Vernita Dawkins Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 37

Sending FB Messages:
    1. select to respond to an existing message or send a new message
    2. type my message
    3 select the paper clip icon to upload an MS Office document or
    4. select the camera icon to upload an image
    The computer sits over 30 minutes with a message stating it is updating attachments

I can receive images and documents on FB from others. My husband has been able to upload images and docs using IE and FB.

Sending an FB status update:

1. select status
    2. write my status update
    3. select the photo link
    4 select the photo to upload from a file

In both cases, the computer sits over 30 minutes with a message stating it is updating attachments

Interesting I can post photo from photo stream directly to FB using my iPad.
  4. learninmypc

I had a similiar problem a few days ago changing my cover photo, it must of taken several minutes. I finally said the heck with it & logged out. When I went back in 10 minutes later, it had been changed.
    It could simply be because marky is playing around in there too much.
    How much RAM do you have on your pc?
  5. Vernita Dawkins

6. learninmypc

Ok, I'll just hope somebody else here can help you further. :)
  7. Vernita Dawkins

8. Vernita Dawkins

I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash yesterday and it resolved the photo upload issue with Facebook.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.