Facebook content moderators call for hazard pay, more remote work, and better healthcare...

midian182

Staff member
A hot potato: Facebook is one of many companies to announce that its full-time employees will be working from home until at least the middle of next year, but many of its content moderators are being forced back to the office in the middle of the pandemic. In an open letter addressed to the heads of the organization, more than 200 of these workers are demanding better protections, more remote work options, and hazard pay.

“After months of allowing content moderators to work from home, faced with intense pressure to keep Facebook free of hate and disinformation, you have forced us back to the office,” reads the letter. It also notes that moderators with an increased Covid risk can be excused from work if they have a doctor’s note, but those who live with vulnerable individuals must still go into the office. The moderators demand that anyone who is high-risk or lives with someone high-risk be allowed to work from home indefinitely.

Additionally, while some content, such as anything illegal, must be moderated at the office, any that can be done remotely should be done from home.

Zuckerberg, who recently lost his third-richest person in the world status to Elon Musk, is called out in the letter

The signees also air their grievances over the lack of hazard pay. A content moderator at Accenture’s office in Austin, Texas, generally earns $18 per hour. Anyone coming into the office for high-risk material, such as child abuse, should be paid hazard pay of 1.5x their usual wage.

The final two demands include an end to outsourcing and offering real healthcare and psychiatric care. Right now, content moderators are offered just 45 minutes per week with a ‘wellness coach’ who are “generally not psychologists or psychiatrists and are contractually forbidden from diagnosis or treatment.”

Recent years have seen content moderators from tech giants including Facebook, YouTube, and Microsoft launch lawsuits claiming they developed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after viewing disturbing content. In January, it was revealed that a YouTube contractor was asking employees to sign a document acknowledging that the content they would be reviewing may be disturbing and could lead to PTSD.

Permalink to story.

Facebook content moderation is annoying and I am hoping that they lose enough users to Parler that they end up having to walk back a lot of their guidelines.

“After months of allowing content moderators to work from home, faced with intense pressure to keep Facebook free of hate and disinformation, you have forced us back to the office”..

Translation: "We censored the truth and pushed fake news in order to try and get Biden elected, and if you want that fact to NOT become public knowledge then better compensation and working in our undies will be the new normal, capish?"

“After months of allowing content moderators to work from home, faced with intense pressure to keep Facebook free of hate and disinformation, you have forced us back to the office”..

Translation: "We censored the truth and pushed fake news in order to try and get Biden elected, and if you want that fact to NOT become public knowledge then better compensation and working in our undies will be the new normal, capish?"

And they really did a magnificent job didn’t they?

After all: regardless what Hunter Biden did and how much cocaine he sniffed he’s not the person who is running for president.

And Biden probably won’t remain president very long till president Kamala Harris swears in.

I can’t wait to see that.

Wouldn't matter. Oligarchs are pushing their NWO as hard as they can. There are already hundreds of whistleblowers of vote fraud, deadly vaccines, concentration camps for disobedient, but none of that is ever going to mainstream media.
First, by force, they present Biden as the new entertainer of the people. Second, by force, they'll make you take the trojan shot. Everything is done very efficiently, silently, to not allow slave mass to suspect anything. I think that about after 20-30 years people will finally recognize the pattern. People then may finally start to agree on the fact that the leaders are not stupid, mass murder is actually done on purpose, for the NWO.
You cannot defeat the system. You can only run from it. Or die trying...
And then there are people who are absolutely happy with their lives and believe none of this bs.

TONS of my friends have switched to Parler, usa.life, mewe and a couple others.
I go to Fakebook less and less.

Regardless what Hunter Biden did and how much cocaine he sniffed he’s not the person who is running for president.
True -- but, according to his own emails, he was a conduit for passing to his father illicit money from foreign sources.

I don't believe anything coming out of the NY Post.
I don't even think that paper is fit for a birdcage.
Nice try, but the FBI already confirmed it was Biden's laptop. Even Twitter's "fact checkers" eventually accepted the emails as true ... though they of course waited until the election was safely over first.

Nice try, but the FBI already confirmed it was Biden's laptop. Even Twitter's "fact checkers" eventually accepted the emails as true ... though they of course waited until the election was safely over first.

Hold on...you said "nice try" as if anything said changes anything I believe on this topic.

I voted for and celebrated Trump's downfall.

I don't care if Biden snorts the dust off the moon and hands dad 1 Billion Yuan.

Hold on...you said "nice try" as if anything said changes anything I believe on this topic.

I voted for and celebrated Trump's downfall.

I don't care if Biden snorts the dust off the moon and hands dad 1 Billion Yuan.
You attempted to discredit the material by attacking the credibility of the publisher.

The response stating 'nice try (at discrediting the material) but it has already been verified by the FBI' is entirely valid.

You attempted to discredit the material by attacking the credibility of the publisher.

The response stating 'nice try (at discrediting the material) but it has already been verified by the FBI' is entirely valid.

The only certification that matters is Biden’s inauguration.

His haters can go kick rocks in depression.

You may not care if Biden alters US foreign policy to benefit China and Russia in exchange for illicit payments, but others do. Not to mention the fact that it's illegal: the bribery statutes exists for reason.

You may not care if Biden alters US foreign policy to benefit China and Russia in exchange for illicit payments, but others do. Not to mention the fact that it's illegal: the bribery statutes exists for reason.

You aren't a congressman nor a judge. I'll leave any and all LEGAL interpretations up to people who not only know what they are talking about, but are in positions of power.

I'll leave any and all LEGAL interpretations up to people who not only know what they are talking about, but are in positions of power.
That's a nice dodge: if you saw a woman being violently raped in a back alley, would you leave the "legal interpretation" of the event up to a bureaucrat? Actually-- don't answer that, I'm leery of what your answer may be.

Laws are laws. Taking money in exchange for official acts is illegal. Even excluding the official acts, taking money secretly from enemies of the US is the very definition of unethical.

That's a nice dodge: if you saw a woman being violently raped in a back alley, would you leave the "legal interpretation" of the event up to a bureaucrat? Actually-- don't answer that, I'm leery of what your answer may be.

Laws are laws. Taking money in exchange for official acts is illegal. Even excluding the official acts, taking money secretly from enemies of the US is the very definition of unethical.

Are you equating Trump with a woman being assaulted?

That actually sounds about right.

Thing is, he's being assaulted by the Minority vote and there ain't no saving him.

In fact, I'm one of the voters.

Are you equating Trump with a woman being assaulted?
Actually, I was comparing Biden's rape of US foreign policy to a woman being assaulted.

Back when Biden was Obama's point man for China and Russian policy, decisions such as cancelling the sale of F16s to Taiwan or refusing to send Ukraine weapons to defend itself were incomprehensible. Now that Biden's son has confirmed China and Russian sources were paying off Biden, those decisions make much more sense.

Back