Facebook exceeds expectations again with Q2 2014 results

By Justin Kahn
Jul 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Facebook has reported its second quarter numbers exceeding analyst expectations for the eighth time in a row and resulting in positive reactions in the marketplace. The company shows growth in revenue, income and user numbers. Compared to Q2 of last...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,114   +1,379

The only way for Facebook to exceed my expectations is to announce termination of business.

That's one move I'd bow to.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

By 1.32 billion active users I assume they mean each and every person who has ever signed up for a FB account since they came into being and of that 1.32 billion, 1 billion are aged between 9 and 16.
  4. Unfortunately, that's a pipe dream.
  5. Hexic

Hexic TS Addict Posts: 272   +127

I've seen as many middle-aged individuals religiously on Facebook as I have seen kids and teenagers. Curveball there. O.o

And I'd assume the 'active' spread of users are probably the past 30 days of unique users.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

Well if 1 billion are aged between 9 and 16 that still leaves 32 million 'other' people. I'd say that's a fair amount. Wouldn't you?
    I don't deny older people don't use FB but it's far more popular among kids.