Facebook implements Shazam-style audio recognition to help create status updates

By Shawn Knight
May 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Crafting a status update on Facebook is now a bit more in-depth thanks to a recent update. When using the latest version of Facebook for Android and iOS, the software can now automatically detect the song or television show you're...

Read more
  2. Here's a scenario:
    Watching Kung Fu Panda and it's just so funny and entertaining that you decide to allow the service to post that to facebook.
    A week or so later you are being naughty and decide to watch some adult entertainment...and facebook posts that... *eek*
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Do you think this will be a feature that you will ever use?
    Why would I use it? I don't have the app installed on my phone and if I sign into my FB account bi annually it's a lot. Some may think it's hip but I couldn't be bothered.
    learninmypc likes this.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

All I know FB wants my cell phone number, no way are they getting it.. As for this feature it will never be used by me..
  5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,551   +332

Sounds like just another way nosey marky can invade (y)our privacy.
    Whats next, detecting bedroom sounds & advertising them?:eek:
  6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,551   +332

Yep, they keep asking for my mobile # too,but no way.
  7. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 599   +57

I'm not an avid poster to facebook as it is, due to what people may think. What would cross their minds when I do post something and they see "watching hannah montana" when my sister is watching it or something and it looks like I'm the one watching it??
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah FB has been quite creepy lately.