TechSpot

Facebook 'likes' and adverts' value doubted

By Archean
Jul 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

Which is why I use ad-block. Haha. Ad-free Facebook for me. Though I'm still looking for a good anti-game-request solution.

2. HuntForTheWOrst

HuntForTheWOrst TS Member Posts: 35

Like Marnomancer Said Ad-Block Ftw .

3. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

Ad-Block does wonders for me. Couldn't browse without it now.

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,439   +559

Sounds about right. When I had a FB account the only advertisement pages that seemed at all worth their coin were pages for musicians and sports teams, pages that people would actively seek out. Everything else was either a nuisance or handled by Ad-Block.

@Maronmancer
    I thought there was an option in Facebook's account preferences to disable game requests?

5. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,576   +47

If Facebook do have an option to disable all game requests, It's very well hidden. I also suffer badly from them.

6. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

Agreed with Benny26.
    I haven't seen that option yet. I'll look it up now.

7. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,312   +238

Personally, facebook is a waste of time. It seems everytime one logs in , they gots to update their privacy settings.
    Every time I get the guts to take the plunge, I read something bad has happened,again.
    I have no problem keeping up to date with my friends via email. Those privacy setting haven't changed in 11 years & still working.(y):)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.